Friday, November 13, 2015

Friday the 13th Crazy Morning Hair


Well I wish I could say this only happens on Friday the 13th, but the Knot Fairies seem to do quite a number on Kathleen's hair when she sleeps! Today seemed like the perfect day to share my morning challenge..... deknot Kathleen's hair!

No easy feat I assure you! LOL

So here is the before......


             And this is after working my mommy magic.... all smooth and beautiful again ;-) Lol.

                                           

If this looks familiar in your home too there's a great book with a CD to read with your children, we really enjoy it! It is available on Amazon and the prices vary depending on the seller. We've had this book for several years that we received as a gift from her Nana and Pop Pop and it's one we will be passing down to future grandchildren! Eeek did I just say that word??? Lol I have a LONG way to go before I think of becoming a grandmom. :-)



                                                                  

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent read them more fairy tales"  Albert Einstein


"Our heritage and ideals, our code and standards- the things we live by and teach our children are preserved or diminished by how freely we exchange ideas and feelings"  Walt Disney

                                                        Have a fabulous Friday the 13th!!!

                                                                            Blessings,
                                                                                  Jill

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Hello Jill....I am happy to meet you. I so appreciate your visit to the Lakehouse blog, and your kind comment.
Your daughter is beautiful, and has lovely hair.
I have three daughters who all had long hair growing up.
We sat every night and braided hair before bed to keep the knots away for morning brushing. They all read while waiting to have their turn for brushing and braiding. Each took turns reading to the rest of us, or they would read silently to themselves if it was a book for school.
I miss those evenings now that they are grown with children of their own. I do brush and braid my granddaughter's hair when I visit, however...which is such a blessing. I have eight grandchildren...six of them girls.
You are making such wonderful memories that will last a lifetime for you AND your girls!
Blessings.
Debbie

Billie Jo said...

Ahhhh, yes.
The dreaded morning brush out.
Flynn has thick hair, but one spot in the back we refer to as "The Night Night Knot"!
Braiding at night does help. : )
Have a wonderful homeschool day with your beautiful daughter!

Amy at love made my home said...

I wish that I had you to magically fix my hair like that! xx

Gina said...

Jill, what a cute book title! Poor Kathleen! Can she sleep with her hair in a braid?

BTW, you are cordially invited to the Cottage Christmas 12 Days of Christmas giveaway! :-)

Carrie B. said...

Annie and I relate with this really well Gals!! Annie even finally had enough a few years back and had her almost "down to her rear" hair cut to shoulder length. She has kept it shoulder length or a little beyond ever since - and she can still have knots in the morning! We've been trying to be better with putting it in a braid at night, as that seems to help. ;)

Thanks for the fairy knot info too! Sounds perfect.
Blessings on your weekend. xo