Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Glimpse of Our Weekend

Last year when we moved here we were introduced to the Christmas tour of homes around our area. We had a lovely time and met a lot of great new people. So when they had it in another town near us this year we just had to go again.  They have them a couple weekends in November, but with the unpredictable weather here we wanted to be sure we went early. Although a bit overcast we had a really nice day. This is an old caboose converted into a small shop inside and where they were selling the tickets.


Can't really take photos inside the homes, but I did get a few outside. This was one of my favorites from the 1880's. Very nicely done inside and a very friendly family. They were happy to share history of the home and how they acquired it. Someday I will get my older home to remodel, it's been a life long dream of mine.


       Driving through town we passed a few older buildings. Always nice seeing pieces of history.


We found a nice little restaurant that makes all home cooked meals. Hayley was enjoying their chicken noodle soup, it was loaded with chicken, noodles and veggies :-)


A little later in the afternoon Hayley watched Kathleen so Jerry and I could slip away to enjoy a few hours together and stopped by Starbucks to enjoy some coffee and tea. This is a very rare occasion for us, lol. We almost didn't know what to say to each other. ;-)


Came home to a very spoiled cat sunning himself... picture a little blurry but I just had to post it. :-)


Kathleen is loving her daily gifts! I will do a post after her birthday on each day but wanted to include this one and that smile! She received Monster High perfume one day and just loved it.


We've had some mornings of some pretty heavy frost; I captured these photos as the sun had started to melt it into the green grass. Initially Kathleen thought it had snowed when she saw it early in the morning. Time to bring my hummingbird feeders in too and clean them for next year. Hummingbirds are long gone for the season. Hoping to feed all the birds again this winter, but last year it got expensive really quick.


Just about all the leaves are gone from the trees now. The other day Kathleen was raking them up and putting the dogs in them, lol. They were not overly amused. ;-)


        Just had to share this as it really made me smile and laugh and I hope it does the same for you!


"When we do the best we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another."        Helen Keller

                                                                           Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

10 comments:

Amy at love made my home said...

I love the tortoise and snail! Sounds as though you had a great weekend and enjoyed making the most of it! xx

Nonnie said...

I need to check our area for Christmas tour of homes. I've done a couple, but would like to do a new one. Looks like you had a wonderful time. That's nice that you and your husband had some quiet time together! Love the last pic of the snail and tortoise. Funny.

Vee said...

Oh I love Christmas Open Houses. I used to go to them often. Did you learn a few tips for decorating this year? I loved that part of it best. It was fun catching up a bit. Your girls are getting so tall and have the sweetest smiles.

Gina said...

Gosh that tortoise picture is hilarious!

The older house that is white looks a bit haunted to me.

The weather has turned quite cold here too. I need to bring in my hummingbird feeder, clean it up, and put it away. Thank you for the reminder!

NanaDiana said...

Looks like you had a wonderful weekend, Jill. I am so glad that the girls enjoy spending time together and you can do things as a family. Makes for a perfect weekend. xo Diana

Veronica Lee said...

LOL @ the snail and tortoise! Sounds like you had a great weekend. Love the pics, BTW.

Sonya Ann said...

Always an adorable and wholesome adventure at your house!

Sonya Ann said...

Always an adorable and wholesome adventure at your house!

~ Noelle said...

Love the pics... always said I wanted to do a tour of homes.. maybe one day soon I will

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love that beautiful old home - the tour sounds like fun. So nice to get some one on one with your hubs, too. Your kitty looks very happy - probably watching Kathleen burying the dogs in the leaves with a little smirk on her face Lol! Cute photos of the girls <3 xo Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs xo Karen