Thursday, December 10, 2015

Celebrating Kathleen's 10th birthday, Monster High style!

Turning 10 and entering into the double digits is a big deal! I can't believe my "baby" is growing up so quickly! We really wanted to do something special for her and make it memorable so we planned a trip back to our home town and decided to surprise her with a small party with family and her best friend. Then we planned the rest of the week spending time with as many friends and family as we could. Also was able to celebrate Thanksgiving there as well and my parents have always had the best house for entertaining. :-)

                    Jerry told Kathleen he was taking her out for the day just the two of them.


In the mean time we set up my mom's house with decorations from Monster High! We printed these pages out and colored them to decorate with.




                    These are just a few of many decorations we ended up adding to the rooms.




                            This was a little area we set up to take some pictures of them later.


I bought a lot of Halloween decorations that were discounted to use as decorations. Many things I was getting for about 10 cents a piece.








     Hayley had great ideas and was excited to plan things out. She hung streamers and balloons                                                                                       everywhere!



                                                    A warm cozy fire was the perfect touch :-)


                                                               Coffee area ready!


And a very surprised Kathleen when she walked in the door! We parked the couple cars across the street so she wouldn't have any idea anyone was there. We heard her running up the walkway yelling to Jerry.... "I can't wait to tell mom about my day!" And then she opened the door....



                                               You can tell by this smile how happy she was.


                                                             Time for a few presents!


                                My mom drew this awesome picture for her and put it in a frame.



                           Hayley saved her money and bought quite a few dolls for Kathleen!


                     A lot of appreciation and love here! I hope they always remain this close. :-)


                           Of course it wouldn't be a party without a pinata! They had a blast!
Now those are a few videos I should post on my YouTube channel, lol. I have yet to have time to work on mine! Soon I will get more things posted on there too. :-) Thanks to everyone who went to support the girls on YouTube and subscribed! :-)




         A very small party, but lots of smiles! Her cousin Neve was there too but was a little camera shy so I couldn't get pictures of her with them that day. 




            Lots of photo booth fun, lol.... we had a blast but not going to share the parent's pictures ;-)


It was a great day all around and they played games and enjoyed the 5 acres of play time in my parent's yard! It went by way too quickly.



               Happy 10th birthday Kathleen! We love you more than we could ever put into words!!!!

                                                               Love Mommy and Daddy!

9 comments:

Billie Jo said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your beautiful baby!!!!
My Peyton loved Monster High...
And I love the love between your girls...
Happy Birhday to your girl!!!!!!

Wendi said...

Double digits... wow! Happy Birthday, Kathleen!!

Sonya Ann said...

When your children grow up they are going to have some wonderful memories. You both are amazing parents!

Nonnie said...

Wow! You guys really know how to throw a party. What a delightful treat. Happy birthday to Kathleen. I'm sure this memory will be forever.

Vee said...

Happy Birthday to Kathleen! How special she must have felt. Amazing party. (I enjoyed hearing both girls' voices on their videos. That popcorn trough was inspired! =D )

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Birthday Kathleen!!! So glad that it was such a good day and a great party! xx

Tara said...

Happy happy happy birthday to your sweet girl! I remember your Mom's house from a post I think years ago... it IS such a perfect house for entertaining. I'm so glad that you got to go 'home' and see everyone.

CelestinaMarie@SouthernDayDreams said...

Hi Jill and Happy Birthday to your darling baby girl. She's not a baby anymore and a beautiful 10 year old full of life and happiness. Loved all the decorations and the set up for the party. Hayley did a super job with the decorating and I love your mom's home. So spacious and the perfect spot to entertain. Awesome cake too. Look at that smile on Kathleen. So much joy!!!
Hello to your mom!!
Happy Birthday Hugs to Kathleen. xo

Stephanie said...

Oh, looks like great fun! Happy Birthday to your darling girl - 10, what a wonderful age!

Hugs to you!