Wednesday, January 20, 2016




Happy Wednesday! I have seen a few of my blogging friends participate in this link up and it's a fun way to meet new people and learn more about the bloggers I already follow :-) Each Wednesday new questions are posted and if you click on the picture it will take you directly to the host Joyce's page and you can answer questions, post your link and follow along too. :-)





1. Speaking of skating...when did you last 'skate on thin ice', 'skate over the details', 'encounter a cheapskate', or just plain skate?

Skating.... wow that brings back memories of my childhood at the local skating rink I used to hang out at. Not to mention skating around in my basement and my friend's basements! Good times and good memories but I haven't been skating myself in years! Not sure that would go real smoothly anymore, lol. ;-)



2.  What would you say is the biggest problem of people your age?


There are several issues my generation faces, keeping up with technology and the changes in the work force. I think many struggle with debt and not knowing how to properly plan for retirement. Also just the challenge of raising children in todays' generation with all the obstacles of the internet, changing education system, etc.



3. What's your favorite accessory? Is it something you wear every day, often, or only on special occasions?

My wedding ring and my mother's ring that was designed by Jerry and Hayley when Kathleen was a baby, it's beautiful and I wear both every day.


4.  January 20th is National Cheese Lover's Day Are you a lover of cheese? What's your favorite dish made with cheese? Last thing you ate that contained some kind of cheese?

I absolutely love cheese! Always have since I was a little girl. I remember little cubes of cheese in the bags from the grocery store that you could unwrap, I'd sit there and eat as many as I could until my mom caught me, lol. Today I like mozzarella cheese sticks for a low calorie snack. I also sprinkle cheese over casseroles, I especially like making chicken divan! Could write a book on my love of cheeses!!! Enjoy the expensive ones too but don't purchase them often.



5. What's something guaranteed to make you roll your eyes?

Sometimes the outrageously funny or dangerous things my husband does, it's like having a big kid but I can't help but roll my eyes with love and laugh. I don't think he will ever change in all the risks he takes and the ways he makes us laugh so I just love him through it all! :-)


6. Your favorite book series?

This is tough because I love to read! One of my favorites is by Nora Roberts and is called The Chesapeake Bay Saga that includes these four books: Sea Swept, Rising Tides, Inner Harbor and Chesapeake Blue. It a series that just draws you in and you remember for a long time to come and don't want it to end!





7. Why did you choose your profession?

I always knew I wanted to help others and work with children. I started my degree in social work, then changed to education and went to school for 17 years! In my heart I always knew I wanted to be a mom and be there through every step of their childhood. I am blessed to have both a good career and now the best of both worlds I get to raise my wonderful children with the support of a loving husband. I am so grateful for that opportunity.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

My random thought is just thinking of all the things on my to do list and wishing for Spring every time I have to go outside! I've never been a fan of winter and the snow so it can just go! LOL!

It wouldn't be me if I didn't add another of my favorite quotes.....

"Values are like fingerprints. Nobody's are the same, but you leave 'em all over everything you do."      Elvis Presley

And because Mirabelle is cute and fascinated with my printer I'll include a picture of her too!


Have an amazing day and if this is your first time visiting from the link up, welcome!! Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to stop by and say hi :-)


                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                            Jill


10 comments:

Gina said...

Hi Jill. Love all your thoughts! Never heard of National Cheese Day! Thank you for the book recommendation! I'm always looking for a good read!

Joyce said...

Welcome to the Hodgepodge! It was fun to read your answers today. My youngest daughter always asks for chicken divan on her birthday so I make it at least once a year : ) I have read some Nora Roberts books but not the series you mention. We lived by the Bay for nine years, so I'm sure I'd enjoy those. Thanks for the recommendation! Have a great day!

Jessy Skehan said...

I had forgotten all about that - skating in friends basements! It was like THE thing to do when we were 12ish! I remember we even named our rink and put up signs! LOL I love cheese too. :sigh: I'm wanting to make baked brie now...LOL

Barbara said...

Hello, Mirabelle! You look like a sweet kitty!

Enjoyed your blog and scanned over your book reviews. I sew more than I read, but I like to see what bools others have enjoyed.

Visiting you from the Hodgepodge today!

Blessings!

Denise said...

my hubby is a great big kid, love it.

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.
I enjoyed your answers, and your kitty is simply adorable :)

Kathy (from Reflections by Kathy)

Vee said...

The Hodge Podge is absolutley a fun way to meet other bloggers and Joyce makes the questions so much fun to answer!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, so enjoyed reading these facts and thoughts from you. Love learning a bit more about you. Your sweet Mirabelle is adorable. Thanks for sharing in your fun.
Have a great rest of the week. Blessings, xo

Stephanie said...

This was a delightful post, Jill. I have never participated in a Hodge Podge, but I always enjoy reading the answers that others put :)

Enjoy the remainder of your week, dear one. Hugs

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I remember roller skating in the basement! I love those cheese sticks too. We always have them in the house. I think I could put cheese and sour cream on almost anything.....
Mirabelle is adorable!