Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Making Breakfast Special For My Little Girl


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I love finding ways to make it special for my girls. Since Kathleen is home schooled it's easier to make hers extra special during the week. Creating these special mornings over yummy food and great conversations together. I love how her face just lights up when she sees a special breakfast made just for her. :-)



I take out my China dishes and crystal mini wine glasses (for the grapes) There's hot cocoa with whipped cream (not every day but sometimes is ok) ;-)

I made a dippy egg into a bear shape and added chocolate chips for eyes, mouth, hands and feet. Then I cut the toast into snowflake shapes and finished off with fresh, delicious kiwi.



       Can't forget a lovely candle to add to the relaxing feel and perfect for getting the day going. :-)


It's the little things we do each day to show them how much we care and love them and just want to brighten their days. My girls have no doubts how much they are loved in this home. :-)


                                                            Have a fantastic day!!!!


             "Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and                   intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives- choice, not chance,                                                     determines your destiny."      -Aristotle                                                       

Blessings,
 Jill

18 comments:

Katie Clooney said...

Kathleen really has a beautiful face and glowing smile! I don't blame her for that smile - I would have a big one too if I had a beautiful candle lit breakfast too! Hope you don't get too much snow this weekend!

White Lace and Promises said...

I love your intentional living. You are doing it right Making each day a celebration!

Vee said...

Awww...how cool!

McVal said...

Awe... SO sweet! My hubs makes the youngest's breakfast most mornings and they're both gone before I get downstairs... Leon's picky, so I just make my own breakfast. If I have time, it's a very loaded omelette. :)
But on Sunday mornings, Robb always makes biscuits and gravy with whatever eggs we want.

Debby Ray said...

What a sweet face your darling Kathleen has! I love her red hair and freckles! I love how you have set out lovely breakfast, making her feel so special...it looks delicious too! Have a wonderful week :)

Billie Jo said...

Love. Simply love.

Gina said...

So sweet, Jill! I first thought the toast was sugar cookies! Love the snowflake shapes and who doesn't love hot cocoa with whipped cream!!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

I love it. How special. Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. You have a beautiful blog.

Laura Lane said...

Oh Jill, she's beaming. Well done mama!

Thanks for visiting and following at Harvest Lane Cottage!
Laura

Kris said...

What a fun Mama you are Jill! She will remember this always!
xo Kris

Veronica Lee said...

Awww! How sweet! That smile on her face is too precious!

Sonya Ann said...

You are an amazing MOM!!!!!!! I want a special breakfast!!!!!!

Amy at love made my home said...

A wonderful start to the day! You are a lovely Mom!! xx

Barb said...

Hi Jill!

What a fun way to make breakfast special. I think kids eat better if it looks good, and hers looked delicious! Hot cocoa is always better in a beautiful cup!

Hugs,
Barb

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, I love the quote and it fits perfectly with this post! You are a wonderful Mom! Worth the extra 'intention' for that sweet, sweet smile! Hugs and blessings xo Karen

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, just look at that gorgeous smile on your daughter. You are such a great mom and how special to prepare these fun meals. Looks so healthy and fun.
Enjoy the rest of the week and have a nice weekend too.
Stay warm. Blessings to you my friend, xo

Camille said...

So wonderful! I love it that you do those extra special things for your girls my friend...yes, they know they are loved. Hugs! :)

Carrie B. said...

Can you adopt me and I can have such a special breakfast too? ;) She is such an adorable Angel...and that breakfast looks as yummy as it does adorable!

Blessings to you all! xoxo
PS: love your blog background - so cute!!