Thursday, February 4, 2016

Chicken Pot Pie Weight Watchers Recipe


This recipe takes a little time but it is so worth it! It's very delicious :-)

Here are the ingredients you will need:

5 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast
4 ribs celery
4 large carrots
1 large onion (I take out approximately what that would be chopped from my frozen prep food)
1/4 cup white flour
3 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
1 cup frozen peas
2 ounces light cream cheese
1 tablespoon of Thyme ( fresh if you have on hand)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
8 ounce reduced fat crescent roll





                                                        Prep veggies by chopping them up.


Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pot (I use my dutch oven) over medium-high heat. Cook chicken stirring occasionally until just cooked through. Remove from pot and set aside.


                                                           Preheat oven to 400 degrees.


Have adorable, hungry kids entertained while cooking the meal, lol. In this case...homework! :-)


Melt remaining 2 teaspoons butter in same pot over medium high heat, add celery, carrots, onion and cook, stirring frequently until vegetables begin to soften, 5 minutes or so.


Reduce heat and sprinkle vegetables with flour, cook, stirring until vegetables are coated, about a minute. Stir in broth and bring to a boil over high heat stirring occasionally.




Reduce heat to medium, simmer for 5 minutes. Add peas, cream cheese, thyme, salt and pepper; simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture is thickened and vegetables are just tender about 8 minutes or so. Stir in chicken that has been chopped into pieces and heat through.



            Divide evenly between 8 ramekins (8 ounce size) Or custard cups (about 1 cup filling)


Unroll crescent dough; carefully separate at perforations. Place 1 piece of triangle over each ramekin, letting edges drape over sides a little or folding them back.

Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet, bake until golden and filling is bubbly around the edges, about 11-13 minutes depending on your oven's temperature. Yields 1 pot pie per serving and is 8 smart points for weight watchers.


                                                             So delicious! Enjoy!!! :-)



                                                                          Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum! This looks and sounds delicious, my friend. And what a clever idea to use crescent dough.

Have a beautiful day, Jill! Hugs!

Wendi said...

That looks good! I like to use my ramekins for pot pies. Megan thinks it is fun to be served an individual size.

Amy at love made my home said...

I realise that this is so not the point, but I love your Tupperware salt and pepper shakers you had in the picture with the ingredients! I remember those! xx

Nonnie said...

Those look yummy. I am making chicken pot pie for dinner tonight and the recipe is very similar to that. The cream cheese sounds interesting.

Barb said...

Hi Jill!

Oh, please come over and make that for me!? It looks delicious, comfort food for sure...thanks for the recipe!

The ear warmer looks like a good one, I could use one today, it's cold here in Idaho! Looks especially cute on your little!

Hugs,
Barb

aimee said...

I LOVE chicken pot pies and also love the idea that everyone can have their own! YUM.
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Thank you for your comment on my post today. Your kindness is appreciated:)

Camille said...

Mmmm....chicken pot pie is a favourite around here! I think I may just have to make some next week. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs! XOXO

Kelly-Anne said...

Oh my...how delicious this pot pie sounds, Jill! Comfort food at its best...with winter quickly approaching my lovely country, I am looking forward to cooler weather to get cooking more delicious and hearty meals...in summer no one wants to spend hours in the hot kitchen! Just discovered your blog, Jill...{{Smiles}}
Have a blessed week ahead...
Kelly-Anne

Kris said...

That looks really good Jill! I have made lots and lots of WW recipes. But not this one. I made a good homemade pot pie, but I could sure use to lighten it up. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Kris
PS Tell those two beautiful daughters of yours to STOP growing up!!!!!!!!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Jill, that looks really good! I've never tried any Weight Watchers recipes--are they all this un-diet-y?!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

One of my favorite cozy meals is Pot Pie. Yummy!!!

Debbie said...

This looks yummy! Love the idea of a crescent crust!
xo

McVal said...

OOH!!! THat looks good on a cold day!!!