Monday, March 14, 2016

Life during a move :-)

These moments... these little tidbits of a place and a life you've lived each day.... knowing a new change is coming.... exciting, but stressful.... I want to remember all the moments no matter how small.

Each day is a flurry of trying to keep normalcy while also feeling the stress. The wanting to be able to sit down and have a good cry just to get a release....yet knowing there isn't even time for that. You just have to keep moving forward, getting things done that need to be done and look forward to getting settled in and taking time to "relax".

Kathleen was sorting through her hair accessories the other morning and I just wanted to capture that moment.... right now as we live each day what is "normal"..... Her smile always seems to make things right even when emotions run high....


Putting into perspective the amazing beauty we have enjoyed while living here in our Ohio home on this incredible property. I hope whoever buys it enjoys it as much as we have the past year and a half. This photo was taken by Hayley on her way out to the bus one morning and I just had to share... it's beautiful!
                                                                  (Photo Credit to Hayley!)

Speaking of Hayley, she has been suffering with her allergies and asthma so bad! Recently her ear got infected as well and we had to see the doctor. Wanted to take her before we move since we will need to find a new doctor there also. We of course made the visit fun with silly faces regarding the sign on the wall.... and no she didn't fall off the table, lol! But oh how I remember back to the little baby I took to the doctors for the first time. How my whole world became so much better being her mom. :-)


Since our dogs are at my parent's home the cats seem even more spoiled and keep us entertained. Elvis is always watching over everything we do.


We are taking snapshots of our memories as we prepare to list our home. This was on Kathleen's chalk wall in her room. Wanted to get some pictures before we cleared it.


This is the view outside Hayley's bedroom window that Mirabelle really enjoys. We often find her laying there.



Jerry loaded up his truck and trailer to take down to keep at our new place. They agreed to let us use the shed and driveway before settlement. :-)


                                  Signs of Spring are beginning to show around the yard...


Of course we had to take pictures of all the writings on Kathleen's playhouse walls before we cleaned them up to move :-)














                                               Shelf has been cleared out.... memories....




                        Some of her view.... perhaps daddy will build another at our new home!


Hayley attended her last dance at this school this past Saturday. She looks so beautiful. Can't believe how much she is growing up!!


           Still has to make us laugh and do her goofy poses though! Love you Hayley girl!!!



We quickly seem to run out of boxes, but a neighbor told us about a local recycling place where we could get more boxes.... so after we dropped Hayley off at the dance we drove over to see what we could find. We did OK but have a lot of packing left to do!



The plan is to have settlement in NC this Friday the 18th!! Jerry is down there now so he will settle and either drive a rental car or fly back to meet us here. Movers are scheduled for Monday and Tuesday depending on how long it takes to load and then will be delivered by the end of next week, in time for Easter :-) After they load us we will clean the house here really well and head out on our new adventure!

Let's look at this timeline.....


February 5th Drove to NC to look at opportunity....

February 9th we made the commitment to move to NC......

February 10-12th House Hunting.....

February 12th Found our house!

February 13th Placed the contract and it was accepted! Drove back to Ohio!

February 21st Secured the realtor we wanted for our home here.....

Friday February 26th Inspections at new home.....

Working on packing, grooming dogs, etc. in between.....

March 4th drove dogs to my parent's home in MD. and the 5th drove back to Ohio....

Match 13th Jerry drives to NC and we tie up school and things here.....

To be continued!!!!!

In a little over a month our world turned upside down! I'm thankful Spring is working itself into this schedule since snow would not be too welcomed right now, lol. I'm reading review books late at night and posting and visiting blogs as I can. To say there is little time for all that is an understatement!!

My moving how to post is coming soon.... promise ;-) Hope you are enjoying some warm weather where ever you may be! We are near 60 degrees and I'll take it!

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths"   Walt Disney

"Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."  Albert Einstein


                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                              Jill





13 comments:

Gina said...

Jill, wow - that is fast! I will send you an email with my phone number. If there is anything you all need, call me. I'd love to make dinner and drop it by your new place if that would be helpful to you.

Gina

Vee said...

Such a big task! Put on the happiest music you know and it may help you plug on. Waiting for you to pop up in your new home one day soon.

Donna Rodgers said...

Hi Jill! Wow--your girls have grown! Haley is a young woman already! :) It sounds like you really are going through a serious transition. I know it's shocking and hard to grasp. We had the same thing happen when Tim decided on a whim to consider a job at a company rather than at home. Within a month we were scrambling. I'll say a little prayer for you as I know leaving home can be a bit stressful. We've moved more times than I can count. Thanks for dropping by!

Blessings,
Donna :)

Billie Jo said...

Bless your soul Jill!
If anyone can do this...its you!!!!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, love your last quote. It is so true isn't it??
I know you have so much going on to make the move and transition to your new home. It can be overwhelming but you seem to be doing things so well to balance the normal with all that is going on.
Hayley is beautiful in that gorgeous dress for the dance. Kathleen is always a sweetie and so helpful.
Wishing you a great move and closing on Friday. Best wishes in your new home. Let us know how it goes when you have the time. Praying for you. Blessings my friend. xo

Veronica Lee said...

I can imagine the excitement and STRESS you are facing! Best wishes in your new home. Love the photos you shared.

Sonya Ann said...

And breath! I think I would have a breakdown if we tried to move. I hope the moving and packing gods are on your side. ;p Safe travels my friend.

Sonya Ann said...

And breathe! I think I would have a breakdown if we tried to move. I hope the moving and packing gods are on your side. ;p Safe travels my friend.

McVal said...

Oh my. As I said before. You impress me!!!

McVal said...

Oh my. As I said before. You impress me!!!

Carrie B. said...

So bittersweet I'm sure Jill. Fun precious memories of what will soon be your past - yet excitement and energy towards what is your future. ;) Blessings over it all dear Gal. May it all go smoothly and you're able to find as much joy as possible through the process. Safe travels for the future as well. Hope you're planning to continue blogging!!

God bless and hang in there Doll. xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

My goodness you are a quick mover!! I hope that all goes well with everything and that you are soon settled! xx

Camille said...

It's an exciting adventure! You are almost there. Hugs, Camille