Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Moving road bumps....chickens go to their new home and more

"I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it"   Audrey Hepburn

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved"  Helen Keller

This weekend was an emotional whirlwind! Friday we drove our dogs to my parent's home in MD. to stay with them for a couple weeks while we prepare to move. Then Saturday morning 6 AM we were back on the road to Ohio to work on packing the house. Jerry's twin brother Gary, his fiance Lori and our good friend Chip drove up to help us get some things done and it was a true blessing to have them here. No way we would have gotten all that done ourselves!

Sunday was the day our chickens went to their new home. :-( Jerry works with someone who has been wanting to get chickens for his family, they used to have them before and they have a small farm. They have young children, the girl who is around Kathleen's age and her younger brother were super excited to get the chickens. Kathleen and the little girl became quick friends and she promises to stay in touch and send Kathleen pictures of the chickens.


       This chicken we call mama and she is one of our favorites, so very gentle! She will be missed!


Before taking the dogs to my parent's house we got them groomed and ready to go! Patches doesn't get groomed at a groomers but he's ready to go too, but forgot to take his picture!

Skippy :-)


Bella :-)



Owen :-)

He looks thrilled doesn't he? LOL



                       We are still keeping laughter and fun in our home during all the stress! :-)


Poor Kathleen will be missing another dance recital due to the move, so her teacher let her wear her costume on the last day which was this past Monday. :-( We have promised her once again to enroll in a new dance school when we get down there.


  We are still busy homeschooling throughout the packing and chaos. Mirabelle and Elvis take turns on Kathleen's lap through out the day!

 
   Hayley has such a great group of friends that are going to be greatly missed! Starting a new high I'm sure is going to bring some challenges, but I have no doubt Hayley will face them head on and do amazing! She is such a joy no matter where she goes she leaves an impact. :-)


Mirabelle is happy I pulled warm towels out of the dryer for her to take a nap on before I got a chance to put them away! LOL.


As we were sorting and packing the cats had to hang out with us and lay on things they wanted to be sure we packed! ;-)


We found crazy icicles in Jerry's truck when he laid the back down to get something out. They froze upwards! How crazy is that?! I won't miss Ohio weather that is for sure!!!


Love this picture we took we all of us this past weekend with the selfie stick :-) So thankful for these 3 amazing people who dropped everything to help us!!! We couldn't have accomplished all we did without them.


      LOL, that's my Hayley girl.... always cracking us up and making the best of every situation! Had a million different random silly selfies on my phone! ;-)


As stressful as this process is and the changes coming to our family, it's these little moments here that always touch my heart as a mom and make me smile. I found this note on my bed side table the other night and a peacefully sleeping Kathleen in our bed. :-)


Is there anything sweeter than this? How blessed we are to have two amazing girls to go with the flow during another major life change. Love them both more than they could ever know!!!


I have a few review posts coming up for recent ebooks I've read in the midst of packing, cleaning, prepping the house for sale here and soon settling on our house in NC. I know a moving how-to post is in the works too because how could I not? LOL. ;-) Our realtor here in Ohio suggested I should start my own business consulting and helping others move.... hmmmm not a bad idea! lol Be back soon!

                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                             Jill

9 comments:

McVal said...

oh... It's kind of sad to see you packing up your things and moving! Your kids are resilient and will thrive where they're planted. :)

Kris said...

Well, I must say, I am sad for Kathleen to say goodbye to her chickens. But she will surely get them again. What a lot you have going on. So nice that you had family and friends come to help you pack. Boy, this is sure moving very fast, isn't it!!!
Take time to rest Jill!
xo Kris

Susie said...

Wishing you and your family the best. Your daughter is always smiling, how wonderful. Blessings to all,xoxo,Susie

Billie Jo said...

You have got it all together, my friend!
Good luck with everything. : )

Victorian1885 said...

Good luck with your move Jill! It is such a big job but I always enjoy decorating and settling in to the new place... I look forward to seeing your new home.
Hugs,
Wanda

Heather said...

I know all to well what you are going through, we have moved more times than I can count because of my husbands job. Best of luck with your move and may you settle in to your new home quickly ~Love Heather

Amy at love made my home said...

It is sad for you to see the chickens go, but it is good that they have a lovely new home where you know they will be well cared for. I hope that all keeps going really well for you! xx

Nonnie said...

It says a lot about your family the way they handle transition. Moving is emotional. Your daughter will be able to keep up with the chickens. Love the pics with the dogs. So cute.

Mrs R said...

Jill, I hope your move goes smoothly. Packing is not fun. We've never had the movers pack stuff before but I can imagine that it would make things easier.

I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your chickens. You will surely make new chicken friends here in NC.

{{HUGS}}