Monday, May 2, 2016

Around Our Yard in NC Late March, Early April


These are some pictures from mid March and early April when we first moved into the property. It was so pretty seeing all the trees that were blooming.


           So pretty, but they don't last very long unfortunately. These pink blooms are from the weeping cherry tree, Jerry's favorite tree. :-)



                                             Lots of beautiful dogwoods throughout the yard too.









The girls are always out enjoying the yard and I caught them in this shot being silly! I think Hayley may have been considering tossing Kathleen into the water, lol.


New life popping up everywhere.... it's just taking the time to slow down and appreciate the little things around us.






This time I walked to the other side of our property to get a different view without the neighbor's houses behind us. I absolutely love our park like setting here.





So peaceful here and just being able to sit and listen to all the sounds of nature each day is such a blessing.



I still make time to cook with the girls, Kathleen just loves to bake with me so we made some cookies the other day :-)




This little momma duck from our pond, we discovered has laid her eggs in front of the house near the beginning of the driveway tucked under the bushes.


Jerry has been mowing after work and already knows the mower we have is quite small for a yard this large, lol. It takes 2-3 evenings to get everything mowed.





"Earth teach me to forget myself as melted snow forgets its life. Earth teach me resignation as the leaves which die in the fall. Earth teach me courage as the tree which stands all alone. Earth teach me regeneration as the seed which rises in the spring."   William Alexander



                    I've been baking some banana bread too for us and to send to Jerry's work. It is nice getting my kitchen back in order and this one is larger than my last so I have lots of room. :-)


We also were able to get a fence put in for our dogs and will be picking them up from my parent's house soon. We can't wait we've missed them so much!!!! I know they are going to love this yard and house and all the room they will have. :-)


                                            Kathleen is blending right in with trees. :-)


                                Kathleen in the morning at the bus stop near the duck eggs.


  See them nestled inside? Mama ducks doesn't really doesn't sit on them though. We are concerned they won't make it.


          We found a little local restaurant that sells hot dogs that they make and Kathleen loves them.


                           She also found another pig, lol. So of course we had to get a picture!!
                                                                   Until next time.....


                                                                         Blessings,
                                                                               Jill

10 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Look at you!!!
So organized and settled in...
So glad it's going well!
Love the photos, my friend. : )

Kerri said...

What a beautiful yard- I don't envy all the work that goes along with it! Looks like you guys are getting all settled in!

Carrie B. said...

I feel so peaceful just looking at your photos of your yard! So beautiful. And looks like you're getting more settled all the time. So happy for you all - and can't wait to see more. ;)

Thanks for sharing and have a blessed rest of the week. xoxo

McVal said...

Oh yum on that bread and cookies!!!
And what a gorgeous property... I'm glad you guys are settled in!

Blondie's Journal said...

Thanks so much for the visit~it brought me to your wonderful blog!

I really enjoyed the pictures of your new 'Home Sweet Home'. I would love to live with all of that beautiful land around me. You sound so happy and energized and your girls are definitely having a ball!

I wish Mama Duck and her babies all the best. :)

Jane

NanaDiana said...

Your pictures are wonderful, Jill. After not being around for a few months on a regular basis I see so many changes in your daughter. She has lost a lot of that 'little girl' look she had when you first started blogging (or when I found you that is). Such a sweetie and I can tell she loves the camera!
Looks like you are having a wonderful Spring. xo Diana

Tara said...

Beautiful yard. So glad you are settled in and enjoying your new place!

Amy at love made my home said...

Your new garden is very pretty isn't it!

Nonnie said...

I just can't get over thinking what it must be like to be living in the middle of all that beauty. So many adventures to be had there and memories to make. Your family is truly blessed.

Sonya Ann said...

That is massive yard!!!! We have a quarter acre and it is too much for us. LOL. Your home, girls and life are perfect.