Sunday, May 22, 2016

Celebrating My Parents 50 th Wedding Anniversary


I had the utmost pleasure of spending my parent's 50th wedding anniversary with them Saturday evening. Two amazing role models of what true love and commitment are in a relationship.


                                                       They haven't changed a bit! ;-)


Jerry and I chose our favorite bottle of wine and we brought it along when we took my parents out for dinner.


Storms rolled through but didn't keep us from enjoying a nice dinner and a great evening.


                                             Cheers to 50 years and many more to come!



         Even in a fancy restaurant they made plain noodles for Kathleen with a meatball on the side.




                               The meals were really good and made with fresh ingredients.







                                                                     Blessings,
                                                                            Jill

6 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Happy Anniversary to your lovely parents!!!
And I see such a resemblence between your father and Kathleen!
Have a nice week. : )

Amy at love made my home said...

Congratulations to your parents!!! I hope that they have many more happy years of marriage!!

Patti said...

Happy anniversary to your beautiful parents! A committed marriage is such a wonderful legacy.

Last week, both my parents and my in-laws celebrated anniversaries---my parents their 57th, my in-laws (get this) their 63rd!! Both sets of my grandparents were also married over 50 years, before being separated by death. I feel very blessed to have all those examples of staying committed to my marriage, and working through the tough times.

Hugs,
Patti

Nonnie said...

Congratulations to your parents. It's just so hard for me to grasp that people my age are celebrating 50 years together! I bet they find it hard to believe too. The food looks wonderful!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents! How wonderful to celebrate 50 years together. Such an inspiration! Love seeing the family photos, too.

Carrie B. said...

Happy belated to your folks Sweetie!! Love the old photos. ;)

That food looked incredible!! Blessings to them for many more years of happiness to come.

xoxo