Friday, May 20, 2016

Ducks, Geese and Fun for the Pond!


Sitting here tonight listening to the pouring rain and knowing our basement has quite a bit of water in it, so fans, dehumidifiers etc are attempting to make it better. :-( I thought it would be suitable to put my post on about the ducks in our yard and the geese visitors that don't seem to want to leave. I love animals of all kinds, but these geese leave quite a mess around the yard, not quite sure yet how to get them to leave......



We try to only feed our ducks, but the geese push their way up and eat the food anyway. My heart goes out to them because I know they are hungry too.







                 Pretty cool I was able to capture a turtle poking his head out of our pond :-)


                The girls were super excited because they got little speed boats to race in our pond.


                                       The ducks were not too amused about the news, lol.


                     In fact they jumped right back in the pond to see what all the fuss was about.



          Although I think this one hid her head and said "I can't believe this is happening!" Lol!!






              I was zooming in from across the pond to try to capture Kathleen's excitement. :-)


                                                                It's the little things.....


We were cracking up here, the boat's battery died and Hayley was trying to reach it with the tree branch to get it out.


              They had a lot of fun and belly laughs racing them across the length of the water. :-)


And to be totally random.... this morning Kathleen found this cool tree branch on the ground that reminded us of a claw! Never know what you'll find around this yard, lol. :-)



                                                                             Blessings,
                                                                                   Jill

11 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Your backyard geese and ducks are really a wonderful thing to see . We have a family of geese who love our yard because of my bird feeders, I suspect, and we have watched Gertie and George for months now and their family now includes 6 goslings. Add to that Maude and Henry Mallard who have 4 of their own and I really have to be careful when I walk in the yard. :-)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, cute post. I love all the geese. Your girls are sweet. Wonderful series of photos. I would love if you could link up this post to my critter party today. Have a happy weekend!

Billie Jo said...

Such fun!!!
You live in a beautiful place, my friend!

Nonnie said...

Looks like heaven on earth to me! The geese are lovely, but I don't envy the mess. I was thinking maybe a boat for our grandkids' pond, but that picture of Kathryn trying to get hers out rules that out. Our kids are too little. Your pond looks more like a small lake.

Patti said...

Wow, your property is gorgeous! I would have assumed it was a park!

I enjoy regular walks through Boise's downtown parks, but I really don't enjoy the geese that abound there. They are actually quite aggressive. Ducks, on the other hand, are much nicer to be around. So, it's the same in your neck of the woods as it is here.

Have a great weekend...hope the basement doesn't suffer too much flood damage.

Blessings,
Patti

Camille said...

SO sorry to hear that you have had water INSIDE your basement....not fun!! What a gorgeous location you find yourselves in. I'm off to catch up on more of your blog....XO

eileeninmd said...

Hi Jill, I am back again to say thank you for linking up and sharing your post. I loved all ducks and geese. It is a small world. I also think your mom has a nice name, lol.

Have a great weekend!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Such heartwarming photos...especially the turtle :)

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great shots of the geese and ducks. Plus the claw (stick) and your girl are special.

Tony McGurk said...

Great Duck & Geese photos. I've never seen a Canadian Goose in real life, they are beautiful. If I lived in the country I'd definitely have some Ducks. And Goats, Ducks are my favourite birds & Goats are my favourite farm animals. Thanks for visiting & commenting at my blog
Regards, Tony

Sonya Ann said...

You have the most adorable family! I always enjoy your posts and love to see what is going on in your world.
Have a wonderful day!