Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Rainy Day Beauty and Spoiled Cats


"The rain to the wind said, You push and I'll pelt." They so smote the garden bed that the flowers actually knelt, and lay lodged--though not dead. I know how the flowers felt"       Robert Frost

There's nothing like a steady rain to slow us down and have us appreciate the beauty that it can create. The lovely colors of the sky as the rain battles with the sun to reign.... the glorious clouds and all their formations. Knowing all the good things it brings to the flowers, trees, animals and to us and all our needs in our gardens and more.


Have you ever just taken a moment to slow down and really appreciate all the beauty around you?


How the beauty of the world is so much bigger then whatever troubles may be weighing on our minds.


"Walls have ears. Doors have eyes. Trees have voices. Beasts tell lies. Beware the rain. Beware the snow. Beware the man you think you know."  --Songs of Sapphique  Catherine Fisher, Incarceron.



Just enjoying walking around my yard after the recent rain and the gentle quiet to reflect upon my day...


There was such a beautiful glow I was trying to capture with my camera, but these pictures don't do it justice.








"and when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow"   Jerry Chin




Totally random and for whatever reason I decided it was a great night to roast up some brussell sprouts and cauliflower :-) So delicious once it was done! Little olive oil and salt...in oven at 425 degrees about 20 minutes or so until soft....mmmmm so good!


Just had to wrap up with a few pictures of our spoiled cats... I am convinced Mirabelle was trying to trip me going up and down the stairs carrying boxes, lol.


    They have decided that we set up the guest room for them to enjoy.... ;-) Elvis knew I put the blanket there for him and he was not going to share with Mirabelle.


               Before I set up my table Mirabelle decided it was fun to stalk me there too... lol


                                         Elvis hanging out in the sun room with Kathleen :-)


                                         Another of my lovely notes from Kathleen :-)


Blessings,
Jill

7 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Jill!

What a gorgeous yard!! Your photos are so pretty, looks like you are really enjoying your new surroundings.
I thought of you when I heard of all the terrible weather in your neck of the woods, looks like you were not in the tornadoes path, thank goodness! Please stay safe!

Hugs,
Barb

Vee said...

I canalmost get the sense of what that glowing light was like after the storm. Your pictures are lovely. Speaking of lovely, what a note to treasure!

Mandisa said...

The pictures you took of the sky are breathtaking. I love the beauty God provides! It was raining up here today, too. It was raining ALL DAY...literally from morning until evening.

Kathleen looks so adorable and that note she wrote is priceless!

Have a blessed evening.

Carrie B. said...

Such gorgeous photos you captured Jill! And i love seeing your adorable kitties. We used to have kitties but due to allergy issues around here we had to stick with just doggies now. ;)

I want to snuggle right where Kathleen is! What a perfect perch with all the lovely windows.

Blessings. xoxo

Amy at love made my home said...

The skies are incredible and beautifully photographed too. Such a lovely note from Kathleen!

Nonnie said...

Beautiful post of words and photos. I can enjoy your lovely property through your posts. So sweet of your daughter. You do live a blessed life.

McVal said...

Awe... what a sweet card from your baby!!!
And what gorgeous photos!