Friday, May 13, 2016

Review of the ebook Hohenstein by DiDi Lawson #hohensteinbook

* I received this ebook for free from Netherfield Publishing in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own*



                                                   (Photo credit Netherfield Publishing)

Summary from the publisher:

"Book Description:
Anything but a typical aristocrat, young Baroness Marie-Louise is not afraid to roll up her sleeves and get to work, especially when it comes to saving her ancestral estate. Determined to shake loose the shackles of propriety and gain the warm family life her upbringing denied her, she has vowed to marry a man of lower rank. Blue-bloods need not apply. 

But when she is forced to turn to a childhood friend for assistance, the handsome, debonair count may prove a temptation impossible to resist. Marie-Louise soon finds herself caught between the comfort of a middle-class doctor and the passion of a nobleman, with the future of her childhood home at stake."


This book can be purchased here on Amazon.

I have always loved historical fiction and this one does not disappoint. From the beginning you are set upon a path of falling in love with the characters and seeing how their interactions with one another unfold. Marie-Louise is a young baroness that learns her funds from her residence Hohenstein are tied up with some stipulations in order to receive them early, one being getting married. She has to learn some creative ways to earn money for the upkeep so as to not have it fall into more disrepair or to lose it all together. Her aunt Ambrosia, who has basically raised her stands by her with a watchful eye. A young Dr. Nick starts to seek her out and plans to marry her by his hopeful heart, but is there another who has already captured her heart? How will she manage to decide while trying to save her family home? Or will she remain single and stay the strong, independent woman she portrays herself to be? Since I don't like to give away the full story line when I review a book, I will say it's a must read if you enjoy a good romance novel. The writing is well developed and is enjoyable to read and hard to put down. I was very pleased I received an opportunity to review it and I will be looking forward to more of this author's books to come.

                                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                                             Jill

2 comments:

Katie Clooney said...

Jill... great review and it sounds like my kind of book! The characters and plotline sound intriguing. Hope you have a great weekend!

McVal said...

Good review! If ever I get time to read, I'll stick that on my to do list!