Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Link up & Thank You to the Totally Awesome Guy in the Walmart Parking Lot Who Made Hayley's Day! #volkswagonvan



My girl takes after Jerry and I... loving antiques and vintage items... enjoying all the history that comes with these items...

So the other day while getting groceries and going to our van to put them away, with an impending storm on the horizon... a guy pulls up while we are putting groceries in the back of our van. He's driving an amazing pink vintage Volkswagen bus!

Hayley's jaw hit the ground when she saw it, she fell in love with it. So Jerry asks the guy if he can take a photo of his daughter STANDING IN FRONT OF IT?! Well people in the south here are so very nice....he said she can jump in and you can take pictures if you want! And then he walked towards the store!

Hayley was beyond excited and thanked him and was like o.k.!!!!! :-)

So to the man in the parking lot who made Hayley's night, thank you so much!!!
The smile hasn't stopped since and it speaks volumes.




Ah yes she's 15 years old now, but I'm not ready for her to drive.... so stationary pics, I can do, lol.



                    What a totally awesome van!! They just don't make them like that anymore!


Do you have a favorite vehicle you love? Wanting and wishing for one, or had one? Love to hear about it! If so link ( by clicking on add your link) your story below and share this post with others so they can participate too!

After adding a link be sure to visit others and leave a comment. :-) Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

                                                                     Blessings,
                                                                            Jill

15 comments:

Jodee said...

Wow! What a nice guy! I want a convertible bug some day!😃

Jodee said...

Wow! What a nice guy! I want a convertible bug some day!��

Amy at love made my home said...

So lovely!! How kind of this man!

Wendi said...

How fun for Haley!

mamasmercantile said...

How generous. I too would love a VW camper van to go touring in...

Patti said...

How kind of that man. It's a cute van, and Hayley looks great in it.

I know what you mean about not being ready for her to drive. Gary and I walked very much to the beat of our own drum when it came to our kids driving. We aren't on the page of young teen drivers. Even though our kids were mature and responsible at 15, we just didn't want them driving that young. Our son was 18 when he got his license, our daughter even older.

I'm not sure I have a favorite car. I will have to think about it. The only thing that comes to mind is the Cougar my high school crush drove.

Have a great day.

Love,
Patti

Chelle said...

That is totally awsome. Its nice when others are friendly and let you look at the things you like.

Sonya Ann said...

My first car was a vw bug. I still love them and hope someday I get another one.
She looked great in the vw van. Maybe you should think about getting her one. ;p

McVal said...

Awesome... My parents had one before I was born and they always talked about it.

Nonnie said...

That is so fun! What a nice guy. My favorite car ever was my 1969 Lemans blue Camaro with white interior and stick shift. I loved that car. Unfortunately, I met up with several policemen because I just couldn't resist racing it! Thank goodness for cruise control these days.

Barb said...

Hi Jill!

How fun!! I love the bug, and I know that they don't make them anymore, at least not like that!

Hayley, is adorable, and looks so cute in the van!!

I don't necessarily have a favorite old car, but I used to drive a 65' Belair, cherry red!

Hugs,
Barb

Linda said...

Love the VW!

Alison said...

What a nice man, I bet Hayley was thrilled! Our neighbour has a VW van like that, you can hear him coming up the street, sounds like a lawn mower, lol!! Wishing you a super weekend, Jill xx

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the old VW van. What a nice man, love the photos. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and the new week ahead!

Hena Tayeb said...

that looks cool.. takes you back to another time.. a time before I was born. lol