Thursday, July 21, 2016

It's Summer, Time for a Craft!

This summer has been such a whirlwind for us entertaining. We had a small break before company and we spent a day doing a craft. :-) I'm playing catch up because this was over a week ago. :-) But wanted to be sure I included it as part of our summer fun. :-)

We bought glasses from the Dollar store and spray painted them white. Then bought flowers there also to create personalized vases. Using permanent markers we got started on our creations.



                       Hayley hand drew hers first then taped it to transfer onto her cup/vase.


         We had fun just doing our own things and making them with things that make us smile.





The next couple are different angles of my vase. I didn't get super detailed with my art skills this time, lol.


                         Just wanted something that would make me smile when I saw it. :-)




           Hayley has quite the artistic touch and the face she drew turned out really well on her vase.




We used them as vases but they would be great for pens, markers, pencils, makeup brushes, real flowers and so much more. Just a cute, inexpensive craft for summer time. :-)

                                                    More catch up posts coming soon.

         
                                                                   Blessings,
                                                                         Jill

7 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, what a fun project for a craft day at home. You three created adorable vases. I love the creativity your ideas brought to the vases and all the ways they can be used. Thanks for sharing. Looks like you're enjoying a great summer. Have a nice weekend ahead. xo

Kelli said...

What a fun project! I may try something like this with my daughters.

Blondie's Journal said...

How fun, Jill, and I know of course that it's not only creative to do crafts together but what a great bond! I love your pics, you really captured the moment!!

Thanks so much for your comment...you are too sweet! :)

Jane

mamasmercantile said...

Such fun, a great project.

Nonnie said...

What a fabulous idea! I love all your lovely faces and the vases, too! I bet our Kate would love doing that.

Carrie B. said...

So sweet! What a fun craft idea Jill. ;) I think crafts like this are so fun because everyone can put so much of their own personalities into it. So nice to catch up with you dear Gal. Blessings on your weekend. Xoxo

McVal said...

How crafty are YOU guys??! Nice...