Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Kathleen Plans and Prepares a Special Tea Party for me :-)


I woke up the other morning to find this sweet sign Kathleen made, along with the hat outside my bedroom door. :-) Immediately my day brightened!


                              She dressed herself in her beautiful dress with a hat of her own.




She planned this amazing tea party for me all on her own. :-) Those of you who have followed me for awhile know I've always loved doing tea parties with my girls. It meant so much to me that she thought to plan and put this together for me. Truly made my day! She made us hats and fans!



She had signs posted on the doors so I wouldn't enter until she was ready. I made sure to wear a dress like she requested when I did arrive to the party.


                                   She planned games, like pin the tail on the princess!


                                                                   Set a lovely table!


                                           Hayley and Breanne were special guests too!


                          She was the most proper hostess.....serving our drinks and food!


                                            She even made little characters for our chairs!




                               Breanne!! Going to miss this girl, she flies back to PA today! :-(


Since Hayley has decided she doesn't like tea *gasp*! lol, she had her own special server for lemonade!


                                                            And of course pinkies up!!!!!



                                   Even thought and lots of love went into the place mats!


I had previously made banana cake and brownies and Kathleen used them for the tea party and displayed them so nicely.



                                        She planned with the theme of Ever After High!


And put her new tea party planning book to good use! I'm so proud of her!! Always so loving and thoughtful!


                                     Who knew ponytails could be an eye accessory? ;-)


There was also musical chairs and I just had to post this picture because Hayley had taken out poor Breanne to get the last chair! Notice Breanne laying on the floor? Both of them were laughing so hard!! I had to include this picture. That's part of our guest room by the way ;-)


                                                                 My mini me and I!!!



Kathleen I absolutely loved the special tea party you planned for me! I love you more than I could ever put into words and you make me so proud every day! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!


"Under certain circumstances there are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea"    Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady, 1880

"The Muse's friend, Tea, does our fancy aid; Repress those vapors which the head invade; and keeps that palace of the soul serene......"  Edmund Waller

"Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company"    Author Unknown


                                                                              Blessings,
                                                                                    Jill

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh Jill, this is simply the sweetest! Your daughter is so precious and I just love seeing how she blesses her dear mother :)

Hugs and joy to you!

Sonya Ann said...

What a lovely and so thoughtful tea party!!! You are raising wonderful girls!

Billie Jo said...

She is the sweetest, Jill!!!!

Carrie B. said...

Hi Jill!!

Love catching up with your posts!! So wonderful to see Hayley's bestie visit and that they get special time together. ;)

And how sweet of Kathleen to do such a lovely and elegant tea!! And thanks for sharing it with us. I felt like I was right there being served just like I was royalty. ;) The hats and fans are an especially beautiful touch! It sure looks like it was a lot of fun!! You have such special daughters.

Blessings on the rest of your week dear Friend! xoxo

Linkin Frank said...

Nice photos and party.Looks so sweet.
KingDetector blog

Julie said...

She is such a doll. And I am so glad the older girls played along. I love the love I see in your family. Thank you for sharing Jill.
Blessings to you all!

Nonnie said...

My goodness! What a sweet, sweet sweetie! That was just lovely. I am most impressed by your daughter's social graces and love for her mother. What a delight!

Patti said...

This is so sweet! So beautiful and so much love put into it. Obviously, you have trained Kathleen to be a kind, caring, and thoughtful little girl.

Love,
Patti

mamasmercantile said...

That was beautiful, an amazing post. Such a kind and considerate daughter you have, you are truly blessed.

Vee said...

What sweetness! Your daughter is such thoughtful girl. I'm glad that you explained the pony tails because I was wondering about the drumstick decor. It makes much better sense.

McVal said...

What a sweetheart!!!!