Friday, August 12, 2016

Crepe myrtles blooming, food prep, entertaining, full swing summertime!

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything"  Albert Einstein


"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep" Robert Frost


"Just living is not enough...one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower" Hans Christian Anderson

I have been loving my new front porch this summer. My lovely porch swing Jerry bought for me to relax and unwind on. My hanging flowers are doing quite well. :-)


I found this little cast iron bistro set that I just adore! I placed a piece of round glass on the tabletop and it's perfect for glasses and snacks, a great book and more.


          Elvis still enjoys welcoming everyone at the front door and keeping an eye on us, lol. ;-)




I've been keeping up with food prep making fresh fruit accessible to the girls and our guests when they are here visiting.


                   Like to keep cucumbers accessible for snacks or to sprinkle on our salads.


We love peppers and if I have them cut and ready to go they don't last long! Usually we keep a little ranch dip on hand too.


                        Fresh cut tomatoes are perfect by themselves or great on a sandwich :-)


Our old neighbors the Tye family from PA and also family to us, came to visit for the weekend. We've missed them so much!

                      The kids were having fun playing the headbands game, always lots of fun!



Kathleen found this little frog hanging out on our side light window by the front door. He was there for the longest time.



Since they were only able to stay for the weekend we enjoyed just hanging out around the house and catching up. We did go to a nice dinner on Saturday evening, but other than that enjoyed the pool and hanging out and talking. The temps were quite high so we were running a fan outside, lol.


                    Then it was still really hot so we added another one.... still really hot, lol!


                                                           Pool was nice and refreshing!




          Kathleen was enjoying some cold lemonade and just lounging on the floats in the pool.


                              These kids are growing up so fast.... miss seeing them everyday!


                        So thankful for the time we had together, but it went way too fast!


                                                                       Until next time!!!!


                                                                                Blessings,
                                                                                     Jill

8 comments:

Debby Ray said...

It looks like you are really enjoying your new home. That pool looks SO refreshing! I don't know about you, but I'm ready for FALL :) Have great weekend!

Stephanie said...

Looks like everyone had a delightful time. The pool is just the place to be on a hot summer day. And your porch swing is simply lovely. I bet it's easy to spend hours sitting there :)

Happy weekend! Hugs

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like a great time had by all. Loved how you had snacks prepared in advance for everyone. Lots of lovely memories to treasure.

Billie Jo said...

You are the best hostess, Jill!!!!
Enjoy the rest of summer. : )

Carrie B. said...

I just love your new home so much Jill!! That porch would be a favorite hang out spot - or maybe the pool? - or maybe by the pond? Okay, I'm just truly in love with it all obviously. Lol

I have got to get back on prepping my veggies and fruits better too! Looks like you folks have been soaking up summer for all it's worth. Perfect!! Can't believe school is right around the corner. Summer has really flown by.

Hope you enjoy every precious second of what's left. xoxo

Patti Gardner said...

Always such fun times at your house. And I'm thinking Kathleen could make a career of wedding planning or event organizing.

Blessings,
Patti

aimee said...

Your front porch is PERFECT with that bistro set and porch swing! It has me wanting to see if our front porch could handle one also:) Loved your photos of healthy snacks--my hubby and I have totally changed our way of eating, and besides losing weight our grocery bills are lower than before. I like your idea of having healthy snacks ready to go.
Enjoy the rest of your summer:)
Blessings,
Aimee

anxsity means friendship said...

The Robert frost quote u post I did that poem for school. We learned it in school.