Thursday, September 1, 2016

Back to School Tea Party and First Day of School!

Can't believe it is already back to school time! The summer absolutely flew by! I wanted to make a special tea party for the girls and I baked these cute apple cupcakes :-) Chocolate cake with white icing, red sprinkles, a tootsie roll for the stem and 2 chocolate M & M's for the leaves.


            I set up our dining room table with a school theme and borrowed Kathleen's toy buses :-)



  This place setting was for my mom, she is diabetic so she had her own small pitcher of unsweet tea.


                I made heart sandwiches for everyone and added 2 kisses by each place setting.


For Hayley I gave her a journal that I wrote a special message inside, along with a fun fish notebook and eraser. She is not a tea drinker *gasp*! lol... so she had her own special pitcher too but it was filled with chocolate milk ;-)


This spot was Kathleen's and I also gave her a journal to write in for the year and I wrote a special message in hers also.





They were both happy and excited to have a tea party again and we sat along with my parents and talked about the upcoming school year!










                        I love my girls and there's nothing I wouldn't do to make them happy :-)


Kathleen in her silliness told me after I ate the tootsie roll to put one of the gummy bookworms in it, so I did, lol!!


August 29th, 2016 was the official start date of school for them! Just look at that big smile :-) My little 5th grader already!!!



    How cool are these shoes?! She made them all by herself and has received many compliments!



Poor Hayley on Saturday evening we had to take her to the emergency room because she had an allergic reaction to something but we have no idea what! Her lips were all swollen really badly. So she has to be on prednisone and Benadryl through tomorrow (Friday). Not the best way to start back to school but at least the swelling went down. We also now are carrying epi-pens!


My beautiful Hayley already a 10th grader and been preparing for college since elementary school! 3 more years.... I'm so proud of her.





 Kathleen found this large pinecone as we were waiting for the bus. I told her we can do lots of fun crafts with them. We have a ton in our yard now!



As they were off to school I walked by Kathleen's room and saw she tucked kitty into bed for the day. Her favorite stuffed animal of all time and very well loved and cared for. *Sigh* where does the time go? My babies are growing up so fast!!! Happy first day of school girls!!! I know you are going to have an amazing year! :-)


                                                                              Blessings,
                                                                                    Jill

5 comments:

Carrie B. said...

Hi Jill! I'm finally getting back to blogging land and playing catch up with everybody today. I'm hoping to be back posting tomorrow!

You know I adore this so much!! You probably saw our back-to-school tea on my insta too. I knew we were kindred spirits - you Gal after my own heart you!! I love the heart sandwiches. So sweet. ;)

And big prayers and blessings for your Girls to have a wonderfully fun and healthy school year ahead! xoxo

Billie Jo said...

Dearest Jill,
You are such a loving, amazing mom!
I love the idea of a tea party...
And your girls will remember it forever.
Prayers and love for all of you as you begin a brand new year!
Extra hugs for the allergic reaction...

Patti Gardner said...

What a fun way to celebrate a new school year! Looks like a grand time, and it's so nice that your parents were able to be in on it.

I can't believe the girls are in 5th and 10th grades. When I first met you, Kathleen wasn't even in school. Have I really known you that long? And Hayley is in high school? Really? That just doesn't seem possible.

They are beautiful girls, and I wish them both a fantastic school year.

Love,
Patti

Kerri said...

What a sweet back to school tea party you gave your girls...something they will always remember! I hope it's a super year for both of them!

McVal said...

Oh my goodness! Are they feeling LOVED or what??!!!