Friday, September 2, 2016

Review of Skinny Coconut Oil

I recently received these wonderful products from Skinny Company and they are offering my readers 15% off when you order on their web site. The code is SKINNYCO15

Here is a video featuring some information about their products.




I received five of their products to try along with two informational cards to explain some things about their products. These products are coconut oil, oil pulling, facial oil, sugar scrub and body butter.


They have a nice light scent to them and work well as a moisturizer. My heels get really dry in the summer from wearing flip flops and going barefoot and I used the sugar scrub to exfoliate and then the body butter to soften then before I went to bed at night. I just put a pair of socks on over it while I slept and in the morning I could really notice a difference.


              Oil pulling was something I was not familiar with before receiving this products.

Oil Pulling with Skinny Coconut Oil

Oil pulling is an ancient tradition receiving a lot of modern interest thanks to its natural ability to reduce stains, bacteria, and plaque on teeth. Coconut oil has been found to be an ideal choice because the lauric acid binds with the bacteria in the mouth during the swishing, or "pulling" process. After a few minutes, you spit out the oil and with it all of the funky stuff that leads to bad breath, inflamed gums, and plaque build-up. You will want to make sure you are using an alkaline oil, as other oils are acidic and can harm tooth enamel and dental work. Instructions for Oil Pulling are simple and effective. First thing in the morning, simply place one tablespoon of Skinny & Co. Coconut Oil in your mouth. As the oil liquefies, begin to swish it around for 5 to 20 minutes (we recommend that you start with five and increase time gradually). Move the oil around your mouth, teeth and gums as if it were mouthwash, yet without gargling or swallowing it. You may begin to notice that the oil mixture will thicken the longer that you “pull”. Once finished, dispose of the oil in the trash-do not swallow it. As a final step, rinse out your mouth with warm water and brush your teeth as normal. For best results, oil pull at least twice per week. (Skinny Company website)

Their website has a lot of great information about their products along with more videos that explain their mission and how the products work.


Skinny & Co. produces small batch, extra virgin, cold-processed coconut oil, made with nothing but 100% pure, raw, wild-harvested coconuts. No chemicals, fillers, or preservatives.



As you know I really love products that use natural ingredients, so reviewing these was a plus for me and my family.


This picture is a little blurry but you can see the general consistency of the product, which is the sugar scrub. I found best results when using this in the shower, then I could just rinse away any excess. Also using it by the sink when I washed my hands to exfoliate them. Then again I followed up with the body butter.


Cooking with coconut oil has many health benefits such as boosting metabolism. I know a lot of people have switched from olive and vegetable oils to only using this.


I would recommend using a spoon or small scoop to remove it from the bottles as it is packed well! I had a good experience with these products and really liked the changes I felt in my skin when using them. If you get a chance check out their website to read all the details and don't forget to use your 15% off coupon! SKINNYCO15

                                                                           Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

      * I received these products for free in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own. *

No comments: