Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Let's Talk Guitars!


Have you ever played a guitar? Whether taking lessons to learn the beautiful music of the instrument or perhaps when you were younger and someone you knew had an old guitar stored in the basement and you knew you just had to pick it up like all the famous musicians and rock out while no one was watching? ;-)

To me there's always been something intriguing about the guitar and how versatile it is in making incredible music with so many talented musicians! Have you ever noticed how there are so many different styles to choose from?








                                                                    (Google Images)

This kind pictured below is like the one I found around our home when I was growing up. I never received a formal lesson, but sure felt special when I played it on my own, lol. I did however enjoy playing the violin for quite awhile. Music enriches our lives in so many ways, I can't imagine a world without it.

                                                                      (Google images)

However, I don't think I could quite compare my childhood guitar playing skills to this gentleman here playing the guitar quite amazingly!


When looking for that special guitar, you want to be sure you have the right choices available along with all the equipment you need to succeed.



                                                                    (Google images)

Whether you are searching for a particular style that suits who you are, or happy with the basics just to try something new; you'll want a place that will be able to serve all your needs.

                                                                      (Google images)

One place that can assist you in finding guitars, accessories, sound equipment and so much more is Ibanez guitar center . A place to shop that seems to have a lot to offer it's customers. There is even a place on their website to help you find lessons in your local area. I also found it pretty neat that they can also help you find the perfect vintage instrument you may be looking for. :-) I enjoyed browsing around the site and seeing all the great things they had to offer.

Another great musician who could really rock a guitar and was taken from us way too soon is Prince. I grew up listening to his music and appreciating his incredible talent. Here's another video I'd like to leave you with showcasing that talent. He is certainly missed....



                                                                       

                                                                         Blessings,
                                                                              Jill






Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a payment, gift, or something else of value to write it.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

5 comments:

Patti said...

For several years, my son had his own small business. He made guitars and ukuleles. His workmanship is beautiful! However, wanting a job with a regular paycheck, he relegated that business to a hobby business. At any rate, we love guitars in our house!

Blessings,
Patti

Camille said...

I had no idea that you played the violin, Jill! I love it and the piano the best. :) Hugs, Camille

McVal said...

Beautiful guitars! I used to play violin from about 7 years old on up through college. And piano too from 5 years old on up.

Debbie said...

What an interesting post, Jill. I liked the first video very much, and especially liked the second. Prince has always been a favorite of mine, and this video was awesome to watch!! He and Jimmy Hendrix are my all time favorites!!! Thank you for sharing.
Debbie
xo

Carrie B. said...

Hello my dear sweet Jill!

I'm finally catching up with Friends. This miserable cold really got me....but I'm slowly doing better.

I've been catching up on your posts and love seeing all the Fall goings on at your lovely home. ;)

I played flute for many years growing up...and then when I was a teenager and girlfriend of mine and I actually took guitar lessons together. It was a mistake because we mainly just acted like giggling teens and didn't take it very seriously (but we had fun!) Ha! I think I was able to play Dust in the Wind by the end of them and that was about it.

But I completely agree about how wonderful and enriching music is too. My son took guitar for a few years and is just now expressing interest to take it up again. And my Annie took piano and is on a little break from it for now due to her many sports.

Blessings to you and hope you continue to enjoy beautiful Autumn!! xoxo