Sunday, October 2, 2016

October!

"I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers"  L.M. Montgomery

"Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale"   Lauren DeStefano

And a little humor..... ;-)


This little guy settled on my sunroom window and hung out for awhile, even when I got up close to take a picture he was not startled away.




The Blue Heron has been making some pretty regular visits around our yard :-) You can see some of the leaves starting to fall on the ground behind him.


"But when fall comes, kicking summer out on its treacherous ass as it always does one day after the midpoint of September, it stays awhile like an old friend that you have missed. It settles in the way an old friend will settle into your favorite chair and take out his pipe and light it and then fill the afternoon with stories of places he has been and things he has done since he last saw you"  Stephen King

I love the fall and 26 years ago in October is when Jerry and I started going steady... yes that's what we called it back then, lol. Football games, homecoming, bonfires, crisp leaves crunching under your feet, pumpkin everything, warm cozy sweatshirts, fuzzy socks....aaahhhh so many things to love about the fall! This past week I started some decorating, it's still been very warm but I had to start before the season just flew by!







Kathleen was my little helper to decide where things should go. She's always been excited when I pulled out the decorations for the holidays.



       Cats just love hanging out in the sunroom and Elvis is quite happy I added our table in there. :-) It has been a great place for the girls to do their homework and it has much better lighting then in our kitchen.



                  Mirabelle was also first to nestle herself among my bay window decorations!



    Kathleen has been busy whipping up the first batch of pumpkin muffins with icing for the season!!!


She even made sure my bestie Dawn, who Kathleen and Hayley call her "aunt" Dawn and her husband Sam "uncle" Sam had some warm cupcakes for their drive home :-)




The mums they planted for me are really doing well!! Such beautiful colors, I love them so much!


"Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year"  Chad Sugg

I enjoy walking around my yard so much and seeing the early signs of fall, still discreet but there nonetheless!




                                                            Still lots and lots of green!!!





I've also been enjoying the new colors of our Younique addiction 5 palette with beautiful shades to create some lovely fall looks. If you're interested in viewing the products, please click the link on the upper right hand side of my blog. All products will ship directly to you :-) Message me with any questions you may have, I'd be happy to help!



                                                   What are you doing to get ready for fall??

                                                                                Blessings,
                                                                                     Jill

7 comments:

Billie Jo said...

You love fall as much as I do!!!!!
Lovely post!
Enjoy!

Barb said...

Hi!

I love fall as well, only I EAT my candy corn...hehehe!

Pumpkin muffins sound delish, have you ever made them with a spice cake mix and a 15 oz.can of pumpkin - that's it, mix it up and bake at 400 degrees! Oh wait, maybe that's what you did...they look wonderful regardless of the recipe!

Your home is lovely . . . all the trees are so beautiful!

Happy Fall!

Hugs,
Barb

Patti said...

Beautiful photo, Jill. You look stunning!!

Kathleen's smile is so infectious. Truly, she is one happy little girl.

Your home looks fantastic...definitely ready for this most beautiful of seasons.

Love,
Patti

mamasmercantile said...

You are blessed with a beautiful home, I love all your stunning Autumn décor. Those muffins look amazing.

Sonya Ann said...

I love the late Spring and it is because Den and I started dating then. Funny how you remember things like that.
And you are so right about the candy corn. BLECK!
Enjoy the season with your adorable family.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wonderful to see your beautiful home and all your fall decorations! Kathleen is so sweet, cooking muffins for everyone. You look lovely, too. I laughed about the candy corn - my hubby loves it, but I would throw it out, too! xx Karen

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Love seeing your fall decorations. Still need to put ours up. You're inspiring me!