Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Cancun Mexico, Part 1 #Mexico #Cancun


Now that I have cleared most of my pictures from my computer, I'm finally able to start really catching up with my blog posts :-) 

Jerry earned an exclusive, all expenses paid trip with the President's club at his work to Cancun Mexico for the two of us.... that's why I've been on a bit of a blogging break :-)


I'm not really a fan of flying, but I couldn't pass up the trip and I managed to sneak a couple photos through the window before quickly looking away.... lol. However on the way back home I did make myself watch out the window as we landed and it was pretty cool ;-)





We stayed at the JW Resort and Spa and it was just beautiful and had amazing service from all the staff! This was our view for the week :-)


We were also given a little swag bag with some great items! A nice surprise when we arrived! We were also given Maui Jim sunglasses! What a treat! :-)




The first afternoon we arrived the Ravens game was on so Jerry suggested we go straight to Champions sports bar at the hotel to watch them.... never even had a chance to see the water, lol. No idea what that is to the right of the picture.... hmmmm.....


                                     The resort was absolutely beautiful inside as well.


Yes after the game we did manage to walk down to the beach!! I was very surprised how windy it was and how rough the water was. When we went to Aruba in 2008, the water and beach were very calm... this reminded me of being at Ocean City, MD. when we used to go every year!




                                                                         So beautiful.....


Throughout the hotel were statues of dancers, so of course I thought of Kathleen right away! I sent these to her email while we were there.







                    Some more views from inside the hotel while we were walking around.....





Even though we were on vacation I was still working my Younique business as I had an online party going on for a friend stationed in Kuwait with the Army. The party turned out really well!



For two days I had a really bad migraine I couldn't seem to shake so one day we had lunch on the balcony with room service.


As a group we all met each evening for dinner. This place was called Harry's steak house and raw bar and we had the most amazing service ever. If you are ever in Cancun you must go to this restaurant! High class and very well taken care of! :-)



On the left is the owner of the company and his wife. They do this yearly for a select few and cover everything. It is a truly amazing company to work for and they are very family oriented. To the left is a friend of Jerry's from when he worked in Ohio and his girlfriend.


It is so neat that after you finish your meal they bring you out cotton candy to share! We said right away how much our girls would have loved that!!


At the end of dinner there was a guy selling single roses outside the restaurant so Jerry bought me 2. So pretty, they lasted the week we were there, but I have the picture to remember them :-)


That's all for part 1! More to come soon :-) Have a wonderful day!!! Thanks for stopping by!!! :-)

                                                                              Blessings,
                                                                                     Jill

10 comments:

McVal said...

What a fantastic time!!! Now I want to go on a vacay!

Cranberry Morning said...

Wow that looks amazing. The beach!!! I haven't been to Mexico for a long time but they sure do resorts well! Glad you had a wonderful time. Thanks so much for stopping at cranberry morning. I'm sure I'll have many more kitty photos. :-))

mamasmercantile said...

Looks idyllic, what a wonderful break away. The views were stunning.

NanaDiana said...

What a great time. We used to go to Mexico for a winter get-away with the company that we wholesaled for. It was fantastic and, like your hubby's co, they paid for everything. We loved Puerto Vallarata the best of any where we stayed in Mexico. I think we went there four times over the years. xo Diana

Stephanie said...

Oh Jill, what an amazing trip you must have had! Your photos are stunning :) I look forward to seeing more of your lovely trip.

Happy hugs to you!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Jill, what a fabulous trip. Your pics are fabulous. The hotel and resort look amazing. From your gorgeous smiles, it looks like a great time was enjoyed. The flowers are beautiful and such a sweet gesture from your hubby.
Looking forward to part 2. Have a great rest of the week. xo

Debby Ray said...

WOW! What a wonderful vacation this must have been! I have never been to Mexico but it reminds me of how the Bahamas looked when we went on a cruise a few years back! Your photos are beautiful as well!

Katie Clooney said...

WOWZA!! First of all, congrats to the hubster and tell him to keep on doing what he's doing. How nice to work for a company that appreciates hard work!!! I am sitting here on a cold, damp day looking at your gorgeous photos and wishing I could hop a plane to Mexico. Thanks for sharing, Jill, and have a wonderful week.

Vee said...

How wonderful to have a week away. It certainly looks like an amazing resort. Loved the dancers!

A Primitive Homestead said...

So nice