Monday, November 21, 2016

Cancun Part 3

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak"  Hans Hoffman

I may have a few catch up posts as I enjoy taking lots of pictures of experiences in my life. I enjoy looking back over important memories to me, so bear with me. :-)

On one of the days we were there, Jerry went out with a group from his work to snorkel and I stayed back at the hotel and actually ended up working on my business. The gentleman came to clean our room and I spoke to him a few moments and told him I was hanging out and working and that I would be on the balcony if he wanted to go ahead and clean. Well to make me smile he left this towel animal for me, I have to admit it worked... I've seen them for our girls at Disney before, but have to admit this was the first time I had one done for me. Pretty cool ;-)
Isn't he cute??



While Jerry was out on the island for snorkeling, they actually had to cancel due to the roughness of the water; so they ended up playing volleyball. Jerry happened to step on something buried in the sand and when he reached down and dug a bit, he found this. He brought it back to the hotel, but we didn't bring it back with us. Didn't want it to possibly tie us up in customs.


We enjoyed several evenings of just sitting outside talking and listening to the waves, it was nice and warm and relaxing.


                    Walking around the resort at night was just a s pretty as in the day time.





                              The quieter you become, the more you can hear"  Ram Dass


            One of the days when it was rain showers and overcast we walked down to the mall.


Wanted to get a few souvenirs to take home. I loved that the restaurants and all there had these to hang your purses and bags on. Also the mall was very clean and well kept. Was so nice to see!


                   Jerry of course had to try these on, lol!! It totally suits him don't you think? ;-)


In one of the stores they had the Garra rufa fish that eat the dead skin off of your feet, so Jerry of course said he had to try it, lol...


                      Here's a video of him trying it out for the first time. He kept laughing... :-)




                                                 I was good just taking the pictures ;-)


It was really overcast a few of the days and the water was so rough you couldn't really swim in it without getting knocked down. Jerry was determined to get more shells though, so it was comical watching him fight the waves....


He did find a bunch of pretty cool ones though. The girls were happy when we brought them back and we also brought some of the sand. :-)




                   One of the other mornings he left me a little owl made of the towels too :-)
We left him a nice tip when we left, we usually do to the ones that really take good care of the room. I'm sure the company did as well... but we wanted to. :-)



There was a nice restaurant attached to our resort called Beachwalk. Since all the seating is outside their menus are done on wood. It's pretty cool, that way they won't blow away. :-)



     Even though they put this fake owl up it didn't stop all the birds from joining us for lunch. :-)




      Jerry ordered the fish tacos and absolutely loved them!! Said they were the best he ever had!


           I treated myself to a strawberry daiquiri... only get them once in awhile, it was a nice treat ;-)



                         " Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life" Omar Khayyan

                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                             Jill

8 comments:

Jboo said...

Wow -- looks so lovely there! What a wonderful trip! Jerry is a hoot!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

mamasmercantile said...

I keep smiling about Jerry's feet I do not fancy having things eating at my skin but it did make me laugh.

Stephanie said...

Everything is so beautiful! And your husband made me laugh with the fish....not sure if I could try that :)

Happy Thanksgiving, dear Jill. Hugs!

Carrie B. said...

What a wonderful trip! I'm relaxed just looking at your pics. ;) I can't believe your Hubby did the foot fishy thing. I bet it tickles! Lol
thanks for sharing HOn! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving! xoxo

aimee said...

How fun! I loved the Ram Doss quote--so true! Your hubby is a brave man:) LOL
Blessings,
Aimee
PS: Fish tacos--yum!!!!!!

aimee said...

Forgot to say...those towel animals are just the cutest things ever! Love them! Aimee

Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a wonderful trip - such a beautiful resort! Looks like you both had a great time. It's so nice to get away once in a while, just the two of you. Lovely scenery - the water is such a beautiful blue. x Karen

Camille said...

Just got all caught up with you here, Jill. It looks like you had an amazing time away....it's so beautiful there! I am sure that you will enjoy these next couple of weeks with your girls. What a blessing to have family to spend time with. Big hugs! Camille