Thursday, December 15, 2016

Catching up...Birds, Autumn and food prep

"The more often we see the things around us- even the beautiful and wonderful things- the more they become invisible to us. That is why we often take for granted the beauty of this world: the flowers, the trees, the birds, the clouds- even those we love. Because we see things so often, we see them less and less."    Joseph B. Wirthlin


I love the beauty of the birds... something so simple and peaceful as watching them enjoy a simple bird bath.... for a clean drink of water....


A place to bathe and refresh.....





"Everyone like birds. What wild creature is more accessible to our eyes and ears, as close to us and everyone in the world, as universal as a bird? "  David Attenborough

We have added several feeders around the yard and also suet as the temperatures are getting colder now. Our cats Mirabelle and Elvis enjoying watching them on the feeders from the sunroom.



 These photos of autumn around my yard I had taken a couple weeks ago and wanted to document the beauty of the trees here on my blog. So many posts I have planned... so little time, lol! Have Christmas posts and happenings I will be posting soon!



Autumn is one of my favorite times of the year and even into December we have had some pretty warm days here in the South! I'm enjoying it very much! Although we do have quite an abundance of leaves in our yard to manage currently.....lol  :-)



I love walking around and taking in the beauty of my backyard I've been so blessed to have. The beautiful colors of the leaves... the birds, squirrels, ducks and more that scurry or waddle by... :-)


Our dogs have been enjoying their fenced in area and sunning themselves. We also take them for long walks around the yard and the pond.


Here is a video I filmed from our sunroom a couple weeks back of the wind blowing the leaves from the trees.


I was in my den the other day and sorting out some papers and Mirabelle joined me and made herself quite comfortable on my bookshelf and watched me the whole time, lol.


I've been doing meal prep each week, if you follow me on Instagram jillkh my link is in the sidebar, these meal prep photos will be familiar to you. :-)

Overnight oats prepared in mason jars.....


Salads for lunches using spinach, chickpeas, mushrooms, diced hardboiled eggs and making dressing out of olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar, delicious! :-)


Kathleen at the bus stop... also a couple weeks ago! But I am just loving the color of the leaves changing.


 I made homemade pumpkin pie...so delicious!!! Way better then any store bought I've had ;-)


Found this little frog hanging out on the side of our house. So adorable! He let us get a few pictures ;-)







                                                                           Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Jill a lovely Autumn post, although I do not envy you the clearing of all those leaves. Lovely make up demonstration.

NanaDiana said...

Those are great autumn posts and the video of the leaves blowing is a good one. Your daughter is getting so grown up-I remember how young she looked when you first started blogging.

Good luck with your business. xo Diana

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I love the goldfinch pics and also that adorable frog :)

Have a Merry Christmas :)