Friday, December 30, 2016

Visiting My Sister's Home for Thanksgiving


Hard to believe tomorrow will be New Year's Eve! I wanted to do a quick catch up post this evening featuring my sister's house at Thanksgiving. These were photos on my regular camera I had not yet downloaded.

It was so wonderful being able to be back with family for Thanksgiving and to celebrate Kathleen's birthday. 

My sister Kim had everything decorated so beautifully that I just had to share as part of my special memories :-)








If you look carefully you will see her bent down at the stove, lol... she wouldn't approve other photos of her for me to post so you will see phantom ones instead and hopefully she won't kill me for posting these! ;-)


The table setting was so lovely and ready for some delicious food to be served. She really put a lot of time and effort into getting everything ready for a special meal.


Even though her kitchen is undergoing some remodeling it didn't stop her from making everything warm and welcoming and relaxing... (another phantom photo of her gliding across the kitchen...love you Kimberly!)


Hayley with her best friend Breanne and Kathleen and my niece Neve, love this picture of all of them!


Neve had her room set up with her American Girls all ready to welcome Kathleen and the ones she brought to celebrate her birthday.


                            My sister Kim and her husband Brent carving the meats... :-)


The girls were getting ready to take Frank outside, he was so excited he wouldn't pose for a "proper" photo! LOL


    Hayley and Breanne got to see what it felt like to sit behind the wheel of Uncle Brent's Camaro!!


Kathleen chose Power Rangers for her cake this year. I was a bit surprised, I knew she liked watching the show but was surprised she went as far as picking the cake too!


                   She was sure happy with it though and had a big smile as we all sang to her.


                                                   11??? Really, my little girl? So soon??


                                                                 Kathleen and her Nana!


      My niece Neve made the most delicious strawberry cheesecake from scratch!! So yummy!!! :-)


                               Kim also made Kathleen's favorite... Watergate Salad!!






We had a wonderful time relaxing and catching up with everyone that day. Thank you so much Kim for making everything so memorable that day, we had a great time! Miss you all already and love you all very much!!!

                                                                        Blessings,
                                                                             Jill

6 comments:

Camille said...

What a beautiful home your sister has, Jill. How wonderful that she put so much effort into making everything lovely for your family time together. I did just want to stop by one last time to let you know that I am planning to put up my last post on the blog today, Lord-willing, and will be bowing out of the blog-world. However, we can certainly keep in touch via email....mine is flowersinhisgarden@gmail.com Many Blessings to you and your precious family....With Love, Camille

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy New Year! Hope it is a good one for you!

Carrie B. said...

Beautiful photos of your beautiful family Jill! Thanks for sharing. ;) Wishing you many blessings and may this New Year ahead bring you all good things!!
Happy 2017! xoxo

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Looks like you had a great time celebrating Christmas with family! I also got some sister time last week. Those are times to treasure for sure! Happy 2017 to you and your beautiful family

Hena Tayeb said...

Great pictures.. looks like you had a wonderful holiday.
Happy Birthday to Kathleen!

Susie Bryant said...

Happy New Year, and a belated happy birthday to Kathleen! Love those American Girl dolls :-)