Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Day 21 on the Whole 30, thrift finds and more! #whole30 #deals #art

Day 21 of the Whole 30 and still going strong!! Enjoying my egg and veggie scrambles in the morning with my tea and fruit! :-) Repeat meals help for quick planning and staying on track. I find I am fuller and more satisfied throughout the morning having the eggs instead of the cereal, bagels, etc. I used to grab because it was easy.


I had to share this picture to show you all how determined I am to stay with this program. My sister came down for a surprise visit this weekend and wanted to go to lunch. I agreed with my family that we wouldn't eat out for 30 days either, but my sister said it was her treat so I agreed. :-) I was stressing over what I could eat that wouldn't break any rules of the Whole 30 and I ordered unsweetened tea, lettuce and tomatoes and that's it! I was worried about what they cooked meats etc in so I stayed as safe as I could! Good thing I carry my Larabars with me in my purse, lol!! As you see I had to look across the table at my sister's yummy meal.


Thought I'd post a picture of some of the snacks I grab throughout the day. Usually a variety of fruit choices and some nuts. Also hard boiled eggs, pepper slices, carrots etc. Being prepared helps to keep the hunger at bay.


This past weekend we found a Goodwill outlet store where you pay by the pound. The girls and Jerry found some clothing they liked. This photo is what Hayley picked out. All together it was $24.00 for Hayley's, Jerry's, and Kathleen's.


                   This is what Kathleen found and the book I found her on the retail store side.


 The items on the fireplace such as the computer, Ipad and St. Patrick's day items were not part of what she found.


                                              Jerry found some t-shirts, pants and shorts. :-)


 I got lucky and found these awesome chairs for only $5.00 a piece! They are in great shape, just need to remove the stickers and shine them up a bit. I was excited to find them!


We also found this kitchen chair for $1.00. The girls use our old kitchen table as a craft table downstairs and a chair was broken so we got this one for them to use! Also will clean it up and possibly paint it first :-)



Hayley worked a lot of hours on painting this skull for an entry in an art contest. Jerry made the shadow box for her and it rotates from the top so you can see the whole skull. It's amazing and I'm so proud of her!!



                                                  The pictures don't do it justice at all!


             See the antler on the top? That's what you turn to move the skull around in a circle.




She also painted this picture to submit to the art contest as well. She has incredible talent and enjoys art so much!


 My girls were happy to be able to get to spend some time with their cousin Neve this weekend too. They enjoyed feeding the ducks and hanging out.



                                                              (Photo taken by Hayley)


                                                                (Photo taken by Hayley)

This one of the three of them is one of my favorites. They are all growing up so fast!! Wish I could slow down time some days.


Kathleen has been hard at work making new creations with her Rainbow Loom. For some reason she likes to spread out all over the guest room bed, lol.


                                       Elvis has been her faithful sidekick through it all! :-)


Pikachu was her latest creation! She plans on giving it to this boy she likes at school for Valentine's Day. ;-) He likes her too!



                 Oh, wanted to add Hayley found another old book at Goodwill for her collection too!


On the retail side I found these purses for $3.75 a piece! The black one to the right is a Vera Wang!!


                This morning we had a beautiful sunrise, very welcomed after a few rainy days! Lots to get done today so will catch up again soon! Thanks for stopping by, hope you are having a great week!


                                                                          Blessings,
                                                                                Jill

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for sticking to your Whole 30! It is not easy to do when you eat out, is it? I love the art pieces your daughter did. Very original and interesting. I see Kathleen is still busy with her loom. She is so cute and so are her creations.
Hope you have a great day! xo Diana

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

Some awesome finds for sure! Great job sticking with your new eating challenges. Your girls are both very talented!

mamasmercantile said...

Wow, now that was an impressive haul, some great finds. Love the chairs, you certainly could do a lot with them. Well done to sticking to your food challenge.

Dianna said...

GREAT find on those beautiful chairs and at $5 a piece how could you go wrong!

Good for you in staying in your guidelines when you went out to lunch with your sister!

Stephanie said...

What an inspiration you are, Jill! Way to stick with y the program {{smiles}}

Those chairs are absolutely fabulous and wow, what a deal!

Enjoy your day. Hugs!

Blondie's Journal said...

Pat yourself on the back for a job well done with your diet, Jill! I've heard this is a tough one but it's definitely healthy. I try to keep carbs down but I've been indulging in some sides like rice or quinoa. It doesn't sound bad but it can be just enough for you to have to increase your activity quite a bit to burn it off. I heard that eating the same thing for breakfast is a good thing---keeps you away from planning or guessing and then you can spend more time making a nice lunch and dinner. I believe that.

Your scores from Goodwill are fantastic and I do believe your little Hayley is a true artist!! :)

Take care,

Jane xxx

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Some really great finds - love the chairs! Your girls are so creative and talented. Well done on the diet challenge! xx K