Sunday, January 8, 2017

Day 6 of the Whole 30 and our first snow in our new home :-) #JanuaryWhole30 #whole30 #cleaneating, #snow

We have had a busy weekend already here in our household, I'm guessing we didn't move far enough South because we got quite a bit of snow starting Friday evening and continuing through Saturday. :-) The snowblower has been coming in handy! Jerry wanted to sell it or get rid of it when we left Ohio and I said no way, with our luck we will get a big snow when we move. Well guess who was right? LOL

I'm still steady doing the Whole 30 and will keep updating every other day or so on our progress. The other night I drizzled some oil and salt on brussell sprouts and potatoes and roasted them in the oven at 425 degree for about a hour hour until they softened. Then I made turkey burgers with egg and a little onion for flavoring. We used the homemade mayonnaise I made for extra flavoring. A quick, easy, delicious, healthy dinner.


For lunch yesterday I had turkey burgers and potatoes left over from dinner and I added some grapes and was all set! One thing I am finding on this diet is it can be expensive, especially if not properly planned. You really want to be sure you have things on hand so you don't get too hungry and want to grab the wrong foods. I am making enough to have leftovers for all of us to help save on costs and planning because sometimes the craziness of life and schedules can make things more challenging. Being prepared helps to avoid that. I also have fruit through out the day and almonds or cashews on hand for snacks, but truly if you eat well at each meal you won't feel too hungry in between.


Still loving the kitchen sink scramble from my previous posts and we made it again this Saturday with fresh cut pineapple which I'm also really enjoying!! :-) Pineapple that is good has a sweet refreshing taste so it helps when you need something to keep you from devouring any kind of chocolate you can find, lol. It's about changing your thinking too, what you "think" you need versus what you really do need.



Today, Sunday... I made scrambled eggs. Then sauteed sweet potatoes and peppers in a pan. Then I transferred them to a baking sheet and baked for about 10 minutes or so until softened and enjoyed that with blueberries and hot earl grey tea, plain for breakfast.


Since Jerry and Hayley and Kathleen love all meat, they had sausage and bacon with theirs and they wanted fried eggs. :-)

Still drinking my water throughout the day and adding in more exercise. We are going to be unpacking and organizing Jerry and Hayley's room in the basement today. So will be burning a few calories there! ;-) It will be partly his man cave and partly her jewelry design area. I will probably do a post on this in the future.

We are feeling pretty energized too, I thought I would crave things really bad, but I can honestly say in 6 days I'm doing good and not wanting sweets or anything. I can tell my body is feeling better.


The snow started out lightly on Friday evening and Kathleen was so excited to see it again, lol. She just had to go out in it right away! When Jerry got home he went out and took down the Christmas lights before the snow got too heavy. That was part of our plan for the weekend anyway :-)


           By Saturday morning it was still falling and she enjoyed going out and playing in it.


                                               Of course there had to be snow angels :-)



Our friend's Ed and Lynn that moved down here from PA so Ed could work with Jerry again, braved the bad roads and hung out with us for awhile. Ed and Jerry helped Kathleen build an ice fort. When we originally lived in NC back in the late 90's (also Hayley was born here) Jerry and Ed worked together and became great friends. He has several guys he formed close friendships with back then who have now come to work for him again at this plant. It's like coming full circle... Good friends who quickly become our family. She is loving her fort!!


We parked our vehicles under our carport behind the house to help keep the snow off our vehicles, still reached some of it but not as bad as if they were parked in the driveway by the side of the house. The dogs didn't venture out too much either, the temperatures are just too cold.


                  Ed helping Kathleen :-) In his shorts and tennis shoes... silly northerners! ;-)


Jerry was pretty bundled up after going out earlier in his shorts he learned his lesson, lol! The wind was brutal yesterday!!


Our own winter wonderland!


The roads are pretty terrible on the side streets, this runs by the front of our house... the schools have already closed for tomorrow due to road conditions and low temperatures. I'm so thankful they consider the kids safety. Back in Ohio they sent them in all kinds of bad weather and it always had me so worried.


                                    The trees are so beautiful with all the snow on them.....


This is a picture of our pond from the road. Our shed is to the left and back on the right side is our neighbor's house.


                                                                     Enjoy your Sunday!!


                                                                             Blessings,
                                                                                   Jill

5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Great pictures. Good for you for doing so well on the Whole 30. I got all my shopping done today so I can start tomorrow. I am really looking forward to getting back on program again. I hope you have a great week, Jill.

Love all the pictures of Kathleen out in the snow. Looks like she had a ball!! xo Diana

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love all the snow pics and Kathleen looks so cute with her rosy cheeks! Love all the healthy meals - they do look satisfying. So nice to have friends nearby, too. Sounds like you are all settled into your new home nicely. It looks so pretty in the snow! xx Karen

mamasmercantile said...

That really was a lot of snow, and Kathleen looks to be having fun. I really do need to make a start on a healthier diet and lifestyle I added a few pounds over the festive period. Today is the day.

Hena Tayeb said...

So beautiful.. we had our first snow too..
looks like everyone had fun.

McVal said...

Yum!!! I'm just sticking to my lunch salads and reasonable suppers. I am losing, slowly... but feel better too. A few more pounds and I'll just be considered merely "overweight"!!! woohoo!!!