Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Discovered a New to Us Park Nearby to Enjoy With the Girls


"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity; and that mountain parks and reservations are useful not only as fountains of timber and irrigating rivers, but as fountains of life"  John Muir




                                "One touch of nature makes the whole world kin"   John Muir


Each place we have moved to we have always started to look for parks nearby that we can enjoy as a family. I am always at peace when I am out in nature. This past weekend we found a park not far from us and it has ball fields, walking trails and playgrounds. We were happy to find it and get a chance to take a nice long walk after some chilly winter days of being cooped up inside. Along our journey on one of the paths Jerry stopped to take a picture of this tree stump he said was shaped like a heart. :-) Notice the shorts in January? ;-)


The walking trail surrounds a nice little pond on the property. Secluded little walk even in the winter time.


Ducks and geese were out enjoying the day and were quite friendly so I have a feeling they get fed pretty often! ;-) It's not good to feed them people food.... so unless we bring feed I explain to the girls why it's not good for their bodies. Plus how dependent they become on this food and being fed regularly.


These two have been to many parks through out their lives and I am so glad they have been able to experience so much and to explore the world around them.





They have two really nice playgrounds there and Kathleen jumped right in making fast friends and playing tag with the other children. Hayley brought her sketchbook with her and went up to sit and sketch not far from the playground area. Jerry and I were able to just sit and talk and enjoy each other's company. We all enjoyed the day.


                                        A close up of the heart tree stump Jerry found :-)


I bet there are fairies living in there! Can't wait to set up some fairy houses for this Spring too!! ;-)


There are even really nice picnic areas spread out throughout the park. I have a feeling we will be here pretty frequently, especially as the weather starts to warm up!


Love this guy.... 27 years together and celebrating 23 married in May :-) Time sure flies by, love the life we've built together.


Here is one of the cool pictures I've made from the #icon8 app. If you follow me on Instagram or my Facebook page (links in the sidebar) you may have seen a few already. There are a bunch of different options on it and you just save them to your camera roll on your phone. I love it!



"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored"  Earl Nightingale

Today is day 29 of the Whole 30, one more day to go!!! I will be writing my post tomorrow or Friday about the past 30 days and the results!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                           Jill

11 comments:

Nonnie said...

That looks like a wonderful park and we are blessed around here to have many parks and trails. Your pic of you and your sweetheart is very nice and at first glance, I saw how much your daughter Hayley resembles him.

Dianna said...

What a lovely park you have found for the family to enjoy nature together. I am the same way, Jill. When I am out in nature I totally relax. There is one park in particular where we go for walks that I can feel the stress draining from me once we start on one of the paths in the woods of this park.

Loved the pictures of the girls and of you and your hubby! Your new background here is very pretty too...all ready for Valentine's Day.

Carrie B. said...

Such beautiful photos Jill! What a pretty park. I bet you will spend lots of time there too. And so sweet of you and your Hubby and all of your years together. ;)

And you've been a rock star with your whole 30! Way to kick butt Lady! I can't wait to hear if you feel different and the changes it made in your opinion.

That app is so cool! I may need to check that out. Lol
Blessings. xoxo

NanaDiana said...

What a nice park!!! We have a few really great ones in our area, too. I used to take the kids to them a lot when they were smaller. My daughter in IN has some beautiful child-oriented parks there, too.

I will be anxious to hear your 'take' on the Whole 30 now that the first 30 days are behind you.

Have a great Wednesday night with your family. oh--and great picture of you and your hubby. He's a cutie, too! xo Diana

McVal said...

What a beautiful park! It will be fun to explore when it gets warmer, however it looks pretty warm already if you're in shorts... yikes! Can't wear them around here yet...
LOVE that filter on Kathleen's pic!

Billie Jo said...

Jill!
What a beautiful day!!!
I love how you all spend so much family time together...
And a beautiful picture of you and your man. : )

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Love parks. I love nature. It is is healing all around to me to be outdoors. My two youngest feel the same. Love your pictures. Glad you found a park to enjoy

mamasmercantile said...

Such a great park and wonderful that you got to spend quality time with your family. A stunning picture of you and your husband.

Amy at love made my home said...

What lovely places you have found to get out and about in. Love the tree stumps!

Patsy in Nixa, MO said...

Your Jerry is a true romantic to have discovered the heart in a tree stump. Do you follow Susan Branch? www.susanbranch.com She and her Joe collect heart-shaped rocks.

My grandmother lived in the country and we once took a walk in the woods in winter (no snow). We found a hollow stump like yours, but it had filled with water and the water had frozen. I was sure the fairies used it for an ice skating rink. I imagined them in pink frilly costumes. Carrie's Annie would have imagined them in ice hockey gear.

Judging from the surroundings and the geese and the spell of warm weather, I'm guessing that you live in an area not very different than my Zone 6 here in Nixa, MO. I'll be eager to see your gardening, as I'm a real klutz in that area.

Kudos to Kathleen for her crocheted hat. Adorable.

Now I'm off to explore this Whole 30 program.

Linda said...

What a beautiful place! I feel the very way you described when we are here at my step son's place!
Your girls are so cute and I really enjoyed seeing the photo of you and yours!