Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review of Green Chef Home Delivery Meals #GreenChef



I had the wonderful opportunity to review a Green Chef home delivery food kit for preparing delicious meals. Green Chef is offering $50.00 off for your first time order on their web site as a bonus for my readers just click here for all the details. :-) Feel free to share the link with your family and friends.

I've been wanting to try this service for some time as I really want to keep meals healthy in our home and though I do plan accordingly; sometimes unexpected things in life get in the way of those carefully laid out plans. Having meals delivered seemed like a very appealing idea for hectic week nights.


           I received my Green Chef box and it was very well insulated and wrapped up with care.


There were 2 cold packs in the box and everything was cold as I was unpacking it to look over it all.


Green Chef makes it super easy to create a meal. My box included 2 meals for a family of 4. You can choose different options when ordering such as omnivore, carnivore, vegetarian, gluten-free, paleo, and vegan. The foods are all USDA-certified organic. So there really is something for everyone. As I was unboxing it I noticed that the meals were color coded with the matching recipe cards. No guess work, it's all taken care of for you.


Here you see all the items labeled with a blue sticker that was for the meatballs meal. All the ingredients were organic and very fresh!


The back of the recipe cards have a step by step instruction of how to prepare each meal and the time involved.



This salmon meal had little containers holding the olives and salad dressing, etc. We ran the containers in the dishwasher after using them and will be reusing them in our lunch boxes, etc.  Multiple uses for repurposing them :-)









Everything stored nicely in my refrigerator until I was ready to cook it. I am usually home during the day so getting it unpacked quickly was not a problem. If you are not home during the day, perhaps consider having a neighbor take it and refrigerate it for you until you can get home.



The first meal I made was the lemon-chive salmon and the roasted red potatoes with a  mixed green salad.




            Having everything premeasured made it easy to lay it all out and start the preparations.


 The salmon meal was a big hit, the sauce really added to the flavor on the salmon and was super easy to prepare. They suggested cutting them in half, which you can see I did with one, but it reduced the portion size so I left the others together. We could have eaten more ;-)







The next meal was the Italian meatballs and orzo with cremini mushrooms, lacinato kale, tomato sauce and fresh herbs.


There is some prep to the meals such as peeling, slicing and dicing, but it's worth it for a good home cooked meal.




 After cooking the meal there is an option of adding the parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and the parsley on top.





 Adding those items helps to add a little extra flavor to the meal. This one was also a hit with my family. When ordering for the review I just put in for a family of 4 and a meat option but I didn't know what meals I was getting until it arrived. You can customize it to your liking and special diet requirements.



I really enjoyed the convenience of having these meals delivered right to my door and the perfect labelling and easy to follow directions. Had a delicious, healthy meal on the table in no time! :-) The cost is pretty reasonable, especially for being able to save precious time for you and your family and to keep eating healthy on hectic evenings. I plan to order more meals and look forward to seeing what other meals we received. Also saving the recipe cards and placing them in my binder so that I can make them again.

Don't forget to click the link above and receive $50.00 dollars off your first order!!!! Share the link with your friends and family too. :-) Enjoy!


                                                                      Blessings,
                                                                            Jill





I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Your meals look yummy, Jill...especially the salmon one. We love salmon. Our son and daughter-in-law doing something similar where they live.

Thanks so much for sharing and for the link.

Carrie B. said...

This looks delish Jill! Thanks for sharing. I've always thought about trying this kind of service. Hhmmmm - literally food for thought. Lol! xoxo

Nonnie said...

Excellent job you've done describing this. I have used Blue Apron for about a year and we have enjoyed every meal.

NanaDiana said...

Sounds good, Jill, and might be a good way to stay on your program. I have a friend that loves Blue Apron and she swears by it. I am sure this is just as good. Hope you have a great weekend. xo Diana