Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Book Review: Organizing For Your Lifestyle by Jane Stoller

I have always loved to organize things :-) I think it makes life run so much smoother having everything in place and helps to cut down on stress having to look around to find things,especially when you are in a hurry. When items have a place, everything is able to be put away nice and neatly. :-) Of course before having kids.... organization was a lot easier to keep on top of, lol. After kids it can be challenging so I do my best to teach them good habits so they can carry the tips with them throughout their life.

I always enjoy sharing my tips as well as getting new ideas from other organizers. It's wonderful to get fresh ideas and new perspectives when it comes to organizing. I was contacted about reviewing this book called Organizing For Your Lifestyle by Jane Stoller and I was more than happy to read it and write my review. :-)




The author Jane does a wonderful job writing about how to organize items such as clothing, shoes, kitchen items, towels, accessories and more in sensible and effective ways. Jane writes from a single lady's perspective so the book doesn't cover about organizing toys and children's items; however the practices she mentions can work for those items. "Organizing is a lifestyle, but it isn't one-size-fits-all. Incorporating organizing habits into your life shouldn't ultimately, involve changing who you are, but rather maximizing it. Organizing is a lifestyle, but it needs to be your lifestyle" (Stoller, pg.129).

Jane also has a section about organizing and tips for traveling. One of her tips for preventing wrinkles in your clothes that I hadn't heard before was this: "another way to prevent wrinkles is to wrap clothes in tissue paper or put tissue paper between clothing layers". (Stoller, pg.106). Great idea especially for those of you who may be travelling for business.

Overall the book is well written and easy to read and even offers a little quiz to help you determine your organizing style and tips for getting started. It is one that will stay on my book shelf for a reference to refer back to when I need it. :-)

                                                                         Blessings,
                                                                               Jill




           *I received this book for free and all opinions are my own and were in no way influenced*


No comments: