Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Special Weekend for My Girls


"Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all I love that she is my daughter. "   Author unknown



As the end of the school year approaches and activities keep us so busy, it is the moments of my girl's accomplishments that I wish I could freeze time for. Kathleen has been working so hard all year for her big dance recital. She performed in tap dance, jazz dance and ballet in a Cinderella production. I am so very proud of her. I captured this picture of Hayley handing Kathleen her flowers. Since our family is not close by, they ask us to get flowers from them as well to give to her and she was pretty surprised to receive several bouquets.


I wish I could have gotten a picture in all the costumes, but no photography was allowed during show so we will take them on our own and I will post a follow up of her wearing them.


This two are always very supportive of each other and you can clearly see the love that they share as siblings :-)




I cried through every one of her dances as I always have. She's been dancing since she was 3 years old and I love to watch her and see how much she has learned. I was a dancer in my younger days also and I have always loved and appreciated dance. I'm happy she shares the love of dance as well, she's a natural! So very proud of her!


Daddy is super proud of her too and he may not blog to share it, but he'd do anything for his girls and loves them very much!!


You were absolutely beautiful and amazing to watch Kathleen! I am so proud of you and all the hard work and effort you put into your dances and the long hours of rehearsal! We love you so much and can't wait to see the dances you perform in next year too!




Since her Aunt Kim, Uncle Brent and cousin Neve weren't able to attend due to distance they sent her this lovely bouquet of flowers. :-) She was quite surprised when it arrived at our door before we left.


I was equally proud of Hayley this weekend as she was recognized at her school for earning her academic letter for her outstanding grades! I am so very proud of her. It's not easy on a teenager to move to 3 different states in a year and a half and to start over in new schools and making new friends. But Hayley has taken it all in stride and blown us away with her hard work and determination. Honor roll, high GPA... my heart is full and yes tears in my eyes when she walked across the stage to get her letter. Congratulations Hayley your dad and I are so very, very proud of you. You are going to go so far in life and continue to accomplish so much. We love you!!



         These are 2 of her good friends that also earned this honor, congratulations to all of you!!!



I also just had to share her recent amazing art work, she had an assignment to do an abstract and she chose a chameleon's eye. She used different products and textures and paint to raise it up to a 3D effect. She received 100% on it. I love all the art work she creates and just had to share this with all of you.

My girls are my everything and this blog is my way to leave my memories behind for them, my grandchildren and generations to come. I am so proud to be their mom and they bring me joy every single day. I feel so blessed and thank God every day that I am able to be here for them and support them in all they do. :-)


          You can faintly see the black square she drew around the eye area that she was to focus on.



"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence"
                                                                         -Helen Keller

                                                                            Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

6 comments:

Mildred said...

Hi Jill, What a beautiful family you have. I enjoyed the photos of Kathleen & Hayley very much. They are so gifted! What a blessing your blog will be for them as they grow older and one day share the pictures/memories with their children. I know you are so very proud of both daughters. Thank you for sharing with me!

Karen Ann said...

Congratulations All! It's clear you are raising your girls on a strong foundation of love and encouragement.

Dianna said...

Well, now I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Congratulations to Kathleen on her wonderful performances in dance and to Hayley for her outstanding grades and for her art creation! And to their mama I say what a blessing it is to see a mama and dad who are so proud of their kids! Sadly, not every child has that privilege. Hugs to you, my friend.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

How lovely your girls are, Jill. I know you are so proud of them! You and their dad are doing a wonderful job. It's always nice to see children accomplishing their goals after working hard. Have a nice evening. ♥

Stephanie said...

Awww... what a precious post, my friend! Your daughters are oh-so-beautiful inside and out.

Hugs to you, dear Jill!

McVal said...

What beautiful and talented girls you have!!
and I'm sorry about the duck...