Thursday, June 29, 2017

New Additions to our Family and a Quick Catch Up!!!

Hello Everyone!!! :-)

Oh I've missed blogging so much! I feel like I have so much to tell you about all that has been going on! I'm still having some trouble loading in my photos so I will need to work on that and catch up on some previous posts I have planned out too, plus we just came back from vacation and I want to share that with you as well :-)

But I am super excited to quickly share that we have 2 new furry family members and that is our new pygmy goats Ruby (the mom) and Annabelle!!! We also know there is a good chance the mom Ruby may be expecting again..... so will keep you updated ;-)


                   Did you know that animal crackers are one of the goats favorite treats?? :-)


Ever since I was little and met my grandmother's dear friend Mrs. Rosalie and her husband Mr. Nearman and I saw their goats they raised I was so in love! I always said one day I would have goats of my own as pets and that has finally happened. The girls are excited about them too.


They are such loving, social, caring and fun to watch animals. We will be adding in some things for them to climb and play on. They love jumping up on us and interacting. They always make me smile :-)



          I will definitely be sharing more about them and how we did their home and fencing.


I have garden news to share with you all and so much more! If only there were more hours in the day, lol. Time is already flying by!! Will be taking the next couple days to come around and visit you all, can't wait to see what you've been up too!

                                        If you haven't already you can follow me on Facebook


    Or on Instagram



           I post on those places pretty frequently if I don't get a chance to blog as much as  I'd like to :-)
                       If you follow me there let me know and I will be sure to follow you back! :-)

                                                                     Have a fabulous day!!!


                                                                            Blessings,
                                                                                 Jill

12 comments:

Vee said...

Hi Jill!

Never would have guessed goats if I'd been asked about your new family pets. Ha! They are cute. Glad that they have settled right in.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Have fun with your new goats! Every kid in the neighbourhood will want to come and see them. And probably many of the adults too!

Karen Ann said...

I adopted a baby goat from the Staten Island Zoo when I was a teenager working there - she was so much fun, a member of the family - congrats on your new family members!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh gosh goats!!! When we lived out in the country years ago we had a few cows, chickens, ducks, rabbits, dogs and cats. But no goats, now I wonder, why did we never have goats??? They are so cute. Their milk is good drinking for ulcers. They look like lots of fun!!

Connie said...

Your goats are adorable . . . I have been wanting to get one, but my husband is against it. It has taken me three years to get him to finally say yes to chickens . . . so one thing at a time, LOL. I think it is wonderful when children have animals to love and care for, and it's one of the best ways to teach them responsibility. Thanks for visiting my blog . . . you're a sweetie.
Connie :)

Red Rose Alley said...

These are sweet additions to your family, Jill. Your girls seem to take a liking to them. How funny that animal crackers is one of the goat's favorite treats. I love them as well. You have such caring daughters, Jill, and that last picture is wonderful.

I hope you are enjoying these summer days. It's been pretty hot here lately, but just trying to stay cool.

~Sheri

Billie Jo said...

You have the most exciting adventures, Jill!
Keep enjoying these wonderful days with your beautiful family!

mamasmercantile said...

What wonderful additions to your family. They are definitely cute. We are thinking about getting chickens. Have a great weekend.

Mildred said...

Love the photos; congrats on the new family members!!!

Gina said...

Jill, how delightful! Pygmy goats are so adorable. How cute that they like animal crackers. :-)

Saimi said...

Oh my goodness, those goat are so adorable!! They are gonna be so much fun, goats have the funniest personalities. Our son had two pygmy goats once - a cute little white one named Minnie and one that resembles your goats. They were so full of mischief but sure loved playing with their little boys.
Have a great fourth of July!
Saimi

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Adorable! But I had to chuckle - made me think of when my parents had a grandchild, my nephew, living with them for a year. My mother thought he would enjoy having a Pygmy goat for a pet. So my mother got one, or so she thought. Before long, it became apparent that the person she got him from had lied. Jasper the so-called Pygmy goat was rapidly growing into a full-sized goat!