Friday, June 2, 2017

Whirlwind Weekend and Hayley's Sweet 16th Birthday!

This was my view of Jerry for most of the ride over Memorial Day weekend. After the girls got home from school and Jerry home from work, we jumped into the Ford 250 pickup rental and headed to Maryland. My parents rented the truck so we could bring our trailer up and load a few things for their upcoming move to NC. Yes, they have sold their home and everything is moving pretty quickly for a June settlement. More details on that soon!


We had one day (Saturday) to load up things in the truck and trailer and Ashley just had her baby girl Annabelle 2 months ago and she brought her over so we could spend time with her. Ashley is the daughter of a good friend of ours so we consider her our  niece :-)


Hayley's uncle Garry always manages to get crabs for her, for her birthday each year and he dropped them off to my mom's house but couldn't stay.




When you're from Maryland... you'd better know how to eat a crab! LOL. It's surprising to me how many places haven't heard of Old bay seasoning... something we learned in our moves.


Jerry and my sister's husband Brent enjoying what was left of the crabs after the girls were done :-)


Stacy, a friend since childhood from our old neighborhood and also considered family, came over to help us load things up and she brought her great danes back for a little bit, they are so sweet! This is Jax....






                                          And this is Bella, a little more camera shy :-)







                                              Our niece Neve with Ashley and Annabelle :-)


Neve turned 13 on May 23rd and Hayley turned 16 May 29th so we celebrated together while we were there with a big cake :-)



          All loaded up to get ready to head back down the road for a long ride to NC on Sunday!



It was mostly cloudy, gloomy skies with rain on the way back. Jerry grew pretty attached to that new truck, lol and had a hard time letting it go back to the rental place. ;-)


            Arriving back at our home where we will store it for awhile until they move down.



Monday was Hayley's birthday so we had a little celebration with the 4 of us. So hard to believe she is now16!!!






For those of you new to my blog who don't know our story... I was told I'd never be  able to have children,....through a lot of prayers and 7 years of waiting we found out we were expecting Hayley. Jerry had thought he wanted a boy, but when the ultrasound showed a little girl his heart melted and he went out and bought Hayley her first diamond and emerald jewelry set, a ring and earrings to give her on her 16th birthday. We held it for her all these years and I kept it safe through each of our moves. Monday was the day she finally got it and Jerry's eyes filled with tears as she opened it. Both his girls are truly daddy's girls and there's nothing he wouldn't do for them. Someone asked Hayley why it wasn't a car for her birthday and she said this set meant more to her than a car. We love you Hayley with all our hearts! Happy 16 th birthday!!!



We also have the tradition of going to Texas Roadhouse every year for our birthday dinners. Our anniversary is the 28th, a day before Hayley's birthday so we celebrate it all together. She always gets a steak, but this year she had a cold and ordered a burger! We were surprised! But she said she's saving her steak for when she can taste it, lol. Smart girl!


This picture is of a random stranger's VW bus he let us take pictures with. This or a VW beetle are on Hayley's dream car list, so I thought I'd add it for her birthday post :-) One day... I have no doubt she will find hers. This weekend we will be having a few of her friends over to celebrate and in a couple weeks the big celebration will be in Disney World and we are taking her best friend with us. We are also meeting my sister and her family there. They are so super excited, as is Kathleen!


More pretty blooms showing up around the yard... this yucca finally bloomed, in it's early stages Kathleen was convinced it was asparagus ;-) The bottom sure does look that way when it first comes out.


We also have a very old Magnolia tree in our yard that stands quite tall and has beautiful blooms on it this year. We've had a ton of rain, so I'm grabbing the pictures of them as I can while they are blooming.


I will be sharing my garden posts soon, I am having trouble with blogger picking up pictures from my photos on my Mac and I'm not sure why, so trying to get that figured out so I can share them. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

                                                                          Blessings,
                                                                                Jill

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What wonderful birthday parties! And I agree, the emerald jewelry set that waited 16 years to be given is MUCH more special than some car!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Birthday to Haley...what a beautiful young lady. And the present from her Dad really is sweet. Ahhhh....she will treasure this jewelry forever. Love all of your family photos. It's nice to get to know you better. Looks like you have a busy life and a blessed life! Sweet hugs, Diane

Mildred said...

This is a lovely and sweet post. Happy 16th to Hayley. Praise the Lord that you and your husband were blessed with these two sweet daughters. The emerald set is so very special and a real treasure. We were not able to have children so our little neighbor girl, who calls me Nana Mildred, is a blessing to us and it is her 7th birthday! I know you are all looking forward to your parents move, and also the trip to Disney with your sis and family. So much to look forward to. I enjoyed all the pictures of family and pets, too!

mamasmercantile said...

Belated Birthday wishes to your daughter. How wonderful that the jewellery was saved for her 16th birthday. Have a wonderful time at Disneyworld.

Nonnie said...

Fun birthday celebrations. How nice that your parents will be moving closer to you all. What a sweet baby! I love the story of the gift from daddy to Hayley. So precious! My birthstone is emerald too. The Burgers st Texas Roadhiuse are good too. Your baby is growing up.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

You have certainly had a busy month! All happy activities. Happy Birthday to your daughter. What a touching present her father gave her. Have a great vacation. ♥

Wanda said...

What a sweet Birthday Celebrations. Love the pictures and getting to share your fun event. Lovely emerald jewelry. I'm a May birthday too.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a precious baby, and love those face expressions. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Sweet 16, what a special day and celebration. That's a cute picture of her next to the pink van. The emerald jewelry set is a treasured gift from her dad, and it caught my eye right away, as emerald is my birthstone also. This is a wonderful birthday post, Jill.

Wishing you many blessed June days.

~Sheri

Billie Jo said...

Happy Sweet 16 to your girl, Jill!!!!
Beautiful story!

Carla from The River said...

Oh my, the sweet gift and story about the diamond and emerald jewelry set. My wedding ring is an emerald. I love emeralds, and this set is beautiful.
Happy Days for your family!
Have a blessed new week,
Carla

Simone Dankenbring said...

Wow, Jill!! It's been too long! I can't believe how much Hayley and Kathleen have grown up. They are both beautiful, Godly girls and it shows. I had forgotten you were in NC. My parents are also in NC. I will have to do a road trip and visit one day! :) Happy 16th birthday, Hayley!!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Happy Birthday to beautiful Hayley! My goodness, 16 already! Love the sweet jewelry that was saved all these years for this special occasion. How wonderful to have sweet family and friends to celebrate with (and fur-friends, too!) How wonderful to have your parents moving close to you, too! Lots of happy things......xo Karen

Anuj Agarwal said...

Hi Jill,

My name is Anuj Agarwal. I'm Founder of Feedspot.

I would like to personally congratulate you as your blog Blessings of a Stay at Home Mom has been selected by our panelist as one of the Top 100 Stay At Home Mom Blogs on the web.

http://blog.feedspot.com/sahm_blogs/

I personally give you a high-five and want to thank you for your contribution to this world. This is the most comprehensive list of Top 100 Stay At Home Mom Blogs on the internet and I’m honored to have you as part of this!

Also, you have the honor of displaying the badge on your blog.

Best,
Anuj