Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Garden update and Photo Issues


"Remember that children, marriages, and flower gardens reflect the kind of care they get"  H.Jackson Brown Jr.

"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body but on the soul"  Alfred Austin


My beautiful, smiling Kathleen is proudly showing off her cucumbers she planted and grew on her own :-) Our raised beds have been doing well and I wanted to share more with you as far as pictures and what we have been doing but I am still having issues with uploading my pictures from my Mac. :-( Still trying to figure it out so I can post more frequently and show you what we've been up to! Bear with me as I try to get it all sorted out. :-)

        Summer is keeping us very busy with activities, vacation, house guests and more! :-)

  Really hope to have a longer posts with more pictures coming soon!! Have a wonderful week!!

                                                                          Blessings,
                                                                                Jill

11 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a cute picture of your daughter and her homegrown cucumbers from the garden. I used to help my dad in his garden when I was growing up. He came home with the most wonderful vegetables.

Don't worry about your short posts. I am one who appreciates a few pictures with a few special words.

Happy July days, Jill.

~Sheri

Carla from The River said...

Hi Jill,
Oh my, I am so happy your garden is growing so well. Beautiful veggies.
Enjoy Summer,
Carla

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Looks like a great garden and delicious cucumbers...sounds like a salad is in your future. I will have raised beds next year....hopefully I will have some vegies growing too. I have too much shade. Planted tomato plants in the front of the house...they are doing great!

NanaDiana said...

Hi sweet girl! Listen, even these short posts work to help keep us updated and connected. Plus they are quick to read and respond to--so don't feel you have to write chapters to keep us all connected. Any word is good! Love to you..and look at that kiddo with the cucumbers. xo Diana

Amy at love made my home said...

Glad your garden is growing well! Hope you can get the photos sorted out, it is frustrating when we have these issues isn't it.

mamasmercantile said...

Amazing garden, Kathleen has done so well with the cucumbers.

Dianna said...

Hello Jill,

I have enjoyed doing a bit of catching up on your blog since I've been gone the entire month of June and the first part of July. I loved seeing pictures of your raised beds and the sweet picture of Kathleen with her cucumbers she grew!

I also loved the pictures of Hayley and Kathleen with the goats! How awesome that you have had a childhood dream come true as a result of friends of your grandmother's. Love it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So did those cukes end up in a salad or in pickles perhaps? They look good!

McVal said...

Wow! Great garden and gardener! I just harvested my first two tomatoes from our garden this year. Oh darn! I was going to put one on my salad at lunch and forgot...

Wanda said...

Love your little redheaded gardener, Kathleen. That is the middle name of Julie, my middle daughter.

Love fresh food from a garden. Grew up with a huge garden, also chicken and fresh eggs.

I have a squash in the crock pot as I type...hot day so like to use the crock pot instead of the oven.

Have a great day. Hugs

Beatrice Euphemie said...

How pleased your sweet little Kathleen looks with her harvest! Love the raised beds :) Sounds like you are having a busy, happy summer. Blessings, xo Karen