Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Moving Into Fall and Tea Party Planned For Me By Kathleen

Leaves of Autumn
By:Helen Barclay
When blades of grass are turning brown
And autumn leaves come floating down,
I dance with them on lawn and street
And scuffle through them with my feet.
Then to one special spot I take
All I can gather with my rake,
Heaping them high above my head
To make a giant featherbed,
Where, when I climb on top to rest, 
I sink into a cozy nest.

September has approached but the days still feel like summer... leaves fall, girls going back to school.... but with temperatures near 90 here in the south, it's hard to think of fall decorating! :-)

I did pull a few things out to get started as I enjoy making my home seasonal. This simple door decoration I picked up at our local dollar tree.

f





i also found these adorable squirrels in the Dollar Tree, they are salt and pepper shakers but I just love them as a decoration.



Now in the morning I watch my girls walk off to the bus stop together, chatting away... wishing for a moment time could just stand still....



Spiders are making their webs everywhere!! We have somme really big spiders here in the south, lol.


My sweet Kathleen surprised me with a tea party the other weekend. I love these moments with my girls. She did a great job decorating it, making the food and keeping it a bird based theme.




Even her dress matched the occasion. That's my girl.... giving emphasis to the details and making every moment special.


Love seeing her sweet face sitting across from me. We had a delightful time chatting and enjoying our meal.




Thank you Kathleen for putting together this absolutely delightful lunch. I loved it and even more loved the time with you. :-)


                                                                       Blessings,
                                                                            Jill

9 comments:

Carol Slater said...

How precious her tea party must have been! I am looking forward to the tea parties that I can have with my darling grand doll as she continues to grow up although Mammaw does not want her too.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That looks like a wonderful tea party!

mamasmercantile said...

Such a delight sharing special moments together and creating some amazing memories/

Barb said...

Hi Jill!

Love the poem, nothing like raking a big pile of leafs and jumping into it . . . some of my favorite memories as a kid!

I love squirrels too. My MIL gave me a cute little candy dish with a squirrel on it, I love it especially during the fall season. Those little salt and pepper shakers are adorable. Once in a while I find cute things like that at the dollar store, but not very often. It's funny how they vary from state to state.

Your girls are so beautiful - I had never heard that song, it's so beautiful, and a tear jerker! It's so true though, they really do just slip through your fingers. It's up to us as moms not to let that happen too quickly, right?! I think you had a wonderful mom who set a good example for you, to hang on to every moment and cherish them.

Kathleen is such a sweetheart. Is there any way you could bottle that sweetness and share it with the world! You would be a very rich woman, and the world would be a better place!

Fun post, thanks for sharing the sweetness!

Hugs,
Barb

Julie said...

I think I missed out by having a boy. Oh I didn't mind the truckfests and such but a tea party for me would of been great too. I love your girls Jill and you sharing them growing up. WOW!!! Most awesome!
Blessings.
P.S. I have started like 3 notes to you but just haven't gotten back to them before they get sent. I hope that you are doing okay and gaining strength you didn't even know you had until life changes. Take care Jill.

Billie Jo said...

Jill,
Happy Fall...
I hope this new season gives you some comfort in the cozy days ahead.
I am so in awe of your sweet girl.
Her tea parties are so special.
Have a cozy evening.
Prayers for your heart, my friend.

Red Rose Alley said...

Jill, that was so nice of Kathleen to prepare a tea party for you. She has such a dear smile. The table setting is lovely with the candle, and those squirrels are too cute. I'll have to look for them next time I go there. Wow, that spider web is HUGE! Spider webs are always beautiful to me. This one looks like Charlotte's web. I smiled at the girls walking to the bus stop because I used to walk my girls to the bus stop, and although Nel was teased one year, she stood her ground, and the bully stopped teasing her after that. : )

~Sheri

McVal said...

What a sweetheart!!! The heat has finally died down and feels like fall today. But it'll warm up again by next week and I'll have to dig out shorts for the boy again. bummer...

Mildred said...

Good Morning, Your girls are such a blessing. Kathleen did a great job with the tea party. So thankful you can record these special memories thru your blog and thank you for sharing with us.

The weekend is supposed to be a little cooler! I sure hope so.
God bless you and yours.