Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

My favorite time of year is fast approaching and this weekend we had my dad over for dinner for grandparents day. I knew I wanted to make something with pumpkin for him as he loves it and so does Kathleen, Jerry and I. So we made these delicious cookies to get our season started right, :-)


2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filler)

For cinnamon sugar coating:

1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon


1. Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.

2. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Turn the mixer down to low then beat in egg yolk, vanilla and pumpkin.

3. Slowly add the flour mixture. The dough will be very sticky.

4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.

5. When ready to bake remove dough from the fridge.

6. Preheat over to 350 degrees and line two baking trays with parchment paper.

7. In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.

8. Form the dough into balls about 1.5 tablespoons in size, then roll in cinnamon, sugar mixture.

9. Place cookies on sheet about 2 inches apart

10. Bake for about 7-9 minutes until tops look almost set.


                                   So soft they will melt in your mouth and so very delicious!!


                      Enjoy!! We definitely did and Kathleen is already asking to make more :-)


                                                                                Blessings,
                                                                                     Jill

10 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Jill~

How sweet to invite your dad over for dinner and a favorite treat, I hope he is getting along ok. Thank you for the recipe, it looks delicious! I love all things, pumpkin spice as well, and will be trying the recipe soon!!

Kathleens looks like a very cute chef!

Take care, sweet friend.

Hugs,
Barb

Karen Ann said...

Thanks for sharing the great recipe!

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like a great recipe. So nice to have some quality time baking together. Love the Autumn table cloth.

Carrie B. said...

My favorite season too!! Love this and all of the sweet photos of Kathleen. ;) The cookies sound delicious!! So nice of you to have your Dad over. Continued prayers to you all Sweetie. xoxo

Susie said...

What an adorable cookie chef you have. :):) Hug her for me. I miss my daughters and even my granddaughters being young and wanting to bake cookies with me. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Debby Ray said...

I love this time of year too...can't wait for pumpkin everything and your cookies look SO good! Tasting has got to be such a tough job...but someone's gotta do it, right Kathleen?? :)

McVal said...

YUM!!!! Maybe later this week, we'll try that one. T hanks!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

So sweet of you to celebrate your Dad's special day with these yummy-looking cookies! Kathleen is just the cutest little kitchen helper in her pink Chef's hat! I love anything pumpkin so these are going in the recipe file :) Sending hugs xo Karen

roth phallyka said...

will be trying the recipe soon!!


การ์ตูนโป๊


Red Rose Alley said...

Kathleen is sooooo cute in her chef hat. The pumpkin spice cookies look YUMMY. I wish I had one (or three) to go with my tea right now. I love any pumpkin goodies during this Fall season. : )

~Sheri