My favorite time of year is fast approaching and this weekend we had my dad over for dinner for grandparents day. I knew I wanted to make something with pumpkin for him as he loves it and so does Kathleen, Jerry and I. So we made these delicious cookies to get our season started right, :-)
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pie filler)
For cinnamon sugar coating:
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ground cloves.
2. In a separate bowl beat together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Turn the mixer down to low then beat in egg yolk, vanilla and pumpkin.
3. Slowly add the flour mixture. The dough will be very sticky.
4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
5. When ready to bake remove dough from the fridge.
6. Preheat over to 350 degrees and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
7. In a small bowl whisk together the sugar and cinnamon for the topping.
8. Form the dough into balls about 1.5 tablespoons in size, then roll in cinnamon, sugar mixture.
9. Place cookies on sheet about 2 inches apart
10. Bake for about 7-9 minutes until tops look almost set.
So soft they will melt in your mouth and so very delicious!!
Enjoy!! We definitely did and Kathleen is already asking to make more :-)